I just tried a Half-Dozen different tests, and none of them did what you describe. Don’t have a clue how we could come up with such different behaviors.
Test 1: Total Play Time about 3 hours. (Ep1: 1:30, Ep 2 & 3: 0:45)
Test 2: Total Play Time about 2:48 (All four episodes about 42 minutes)
Test 3: Total Play Time over 5 hours.
Title 1 is “All Episodes.” Titles 2-5 are EACH episode individually.
Test 4: Total Play Time about 1:12; This is a “Bonus Features” to a movie disk. About 15 titles of varying length.
In ALL cases, I was able to view all titles. Heck, even the stupid trailers to the movie showed up.
So, in no case did it “Pick the longest title.”
ALL Titles were included, and in the West Wing’s case, it’d done it TWICE because Title 1 is the same as Titles 2-5 put together.
So, I don’t know what ya’ll are doing differently. It has worked this way through ALL versions of firmware, and I started out at 1.01.12.