MQTT server for My Cloud

Last couple of days I am struggling with failed attempts to install MQTT server (broker) on MyCloudEX2 with MyCloud OS 5.

Above is attempt to utilize MyCloudEX2 for IoT solution I am running for couple of years with 8 ESP8266 with DHT22 capturing temperature and humidity around the house publishing to MQTT server (broker) and sorting data in relational database with data visualization and alerting. Server side (MQTT broaker, InfluxDB and Grafana) is currently running on Rasperry Pi.

My attempt is to move server side from RPI to MyCloudEX2 (at least MQTT server and DB storing sensor data [MySQL already available on MyCloudEX2]. Reasons for such move is to mitigate RPI’s uSD limitations/risk: just lost 2 years of sensor data since uSD give up.

So first steps that makes me a running in circles currently is to install MQTT broker on MyCloudEX2 wit OS5. So far I tried to install paho.mqtt.python following installations instructions. Compiling from GitHub was not successful eater (python3 modules missing → not being able to install).

Help / instructions needed.

1 Like