Moving the Client Computer Backups

I currently have a virtual disk comprised of two 2TB drives for a total of 4TB. I don’t need all that space and want to have some security in case of one of the drives failing, so I put in two other drives and made that a RAID drive for 2TB total with 2 drives that are mirrored.

I want to move all my folders to that new, smaller drive. However when I try to move Client Computer Backups I’m getting an error saying:

The Windows Server Essentials Computer Backup Service cannot be stopped

However I used the services applet to manually stop the service. What do I need to do so I can move this (and other folders) to the new RAID drive?

I do not know hoe you got 4tb useable out of two 2tb drives as that is not how the DX4000 works. If you installed the INTEL RST stuff it does break some things.

Can you move the other folders with the move folder wizard in the dashboard?

I have a DS5100 btw, if that makes any difference.

Not exactly sure how I did that. But that’s what I have. Right now I’m trying to “downgrade” to 2TB. I created the new mirror RAID. Unfortunately I can’t move the Client Computer Backup folder for some reason. I’m getting the following error.

I’m now copying all the files manually to a temporary directory on the E drive. Then I’m going to move the files on the D drive from Client Computer Backup (the service is stopped) and add a dummy text file and then try the move again. If that works, I’ll move the copied files on E temp folder to that directory and restart the service and do a DB backup repair. When I got my RMA replacement I just moved the backup files to the new directory and did the repair and it worked. Do you think this will work?

Scratch the disk layout question I was thinking DX 4000
Google show a couple folks with the same issue no solution.

If you rename the folder it should show as missing and allow you to create it on E:
Then stop the service, delete the files in there and copy yours in

Just my best suggestion. If it fails do not blame me :slight_smile:

It’s all YOUR fault!!!

LOL.

I’m trying the copying now. Seems one of the files is throwing an error during the copy, which is probably why the move is failing. I’ll see if a chkdsk /f fixes that.