Moving iPhoto OFF of MBL back onto macbook

Back when i got my MBL i was so excited to get my HD cleared up by moving iPhoto and iTunes over to the MBL… now i am realizing this might not have been the best use of MBL.  Problem now is moving the iPhoto back to my MacBook.  My feeble skills with computers keeps me from understanding why this is not as easy as just dragging iPhoto from MBL to “pictures” on the MacBook.  When i attempted to do this it started to copy.  It always gets to the same point 6.39G of 32.4G and then tells me that iPhoto already exists.  It then stops working. 

Thanks for any help you may have.

Try dragging the pictures to your desktop instead of the pictures folder to see if you get the same message. 

Spydrjon wrote:

Back when i got my MBL i was so excited to get my HD cleared up by moving iPhoto and iTunes over to the MBL… now i am realizing this might not have been the best use of MBL.  Problem now is moving the iPhoto back to my MacBook.  My feeble skills with computers keeps me from understanding why this is not as easy as just dragging iPhoto from MBL to “pictures” on the MacBook.  When i attempted to do this it started to copy.  It always gets to the same point 6.39G of 32.4G and then tells me that iPhoto already exists.  It then stops working. 

Thanks for any help you may have.

iPhoto is a programme not simply a folder.  Putting iPhoto on the MBL is not the best move, I know as I did the same and it caused all sorts of issues.  What you should have done is simply drag the picture folders to MBL then delete them from your HD leaving iPhoto empty.  All you have done is drag a copy of iPhoto to MBL which is why you get the message that it already exists, plus I suspect the original “masters” are still on the HD.  It took me some faffing around to put everything back as it was too.