Moving Folders

I just recently purchased the EX2 with 2 4TB WD Red drives to store my large media collection.

So far the experience is not filling me with confidence in the security of my files.

Firstly, one of the drives failed and had to be replaced within 1 week of purchasing. I guess this could be considered unlucky but after moving all files to the drive it was a heart in mouth moment and thankfully I am using RAID 1.

My 2nd, and more pressing, issue is that I moved about 300GB of files from one share to another, through Mavericks OS.

While the move finished without incident the files have vanished from the new share completely.  I can see in the drive usage that the disk space is still the same and the files, as they are of a certain type, still show on the drive. They are just gone.

Can anyone advise where they are? This is not a permission issue as far as I can tell, all my users on the drive have full access to the drive, and it has been rebooted.

Graz09 wrote:

I just recently purchased the EX2 with 2 4TB WD Red drives to store my large media collection.

So far the experience is not filling me with confidence in the security of my files.

Firstly, one of the drives failed and had to be replaced within 1 week of purchasing. I guess this could be considered unlucky but after moving all files to the drive it was a heart in mouth moment and thankfully I am using RAID 1.

My 2nd, and more pressing, issue is that I moved about 300GB of files from one share to another, through Mavericks OS.

While the move finished without incident the files have vanished from the new share completely.  I can see in the drive usage that the disk space is still the same and the files, as they are of a certain type, still show on the drive. They are just gone.

Can anyone advise where they are? This is not a permission issue as far as I can tell, all my users on the drive have full access to the drive, and it has been rebooted.

Hi Graz09, this issue is currently under investigation. 

The files actually turned up in the recycle bin, but they were absolutely not deleted.