Moving files in bulk from TwonkyMedia (WD external HD) to new HD

Hello! Trying to help my father in law move files from a ~15+ year old WD external hard drive to a new hard drive.

When we click to open the device (labeled “MyBookLive - Twonky,” it opens a website instead of a folder, and the only way we’ve found to download or move files is one at a time. He has 7000+ files on the device, so that isn’t feasible. Is there a simpler way to export files in bulk, or better yet, all at once?

Appreciate any help you can provide! He’s got things like family recipes and generations of photos on there, so it’s got a lot of sentimental value.

PC! We’re clicking on “MyBookLive - Twonky” in the file browser and it’s going straight to the website. Right clicking gives me properties but not another way to open it. Sorry - not sure what I’m doing wrong! Appreciate you responding.

Greetings,

We have reached out to you via direct message, so we request you kindly check and reply to your DMs so that we can assist you further.

Did you ever receive a solution to this? I have the same issue and I have over 29k pictures that need to be moved. Ugh…

Did you ever receive a solution to this? I have the same issue and I have over 29k pictures that need to be moved. Ugh…

Hello Chris, I have a similar problem which I hope you can support. I have MyBook global - which I know is no longer supported - but it has a few thousand photos and files I need to recover. Is there a simple way to achieve?