Moving data from MyCould Home to another backup drive

Hello WD staff,

I purchased an EX3 as replacement for my MyCloud Home. On the Home there used to be an easy app to transfer all data from an older MyCloud system towards the Home:

I am missing such an add-on for moving all data directly from the Home to the EX3. Using Win Explorer or Mac Finder can’t be the solution for moving 1TB huge TimeMachine backups.
Thanks for your help.

Hi,

To access and store data on a My Cloud device, mapping one or more shares is recommended. This section contains detailed steps to help map a network drive using different methods.

Please refer the link to map a My Cloud or NAS device on Windows: How to Map Network Drive on Windows for WD My Cloud

Please refer the link to map a My Cloud or NAS device on macOS: How to Map a Network Drive on macOS for My Cloud & My Cloud Home

Please share model number of the drive which currently.

Hi Keerti_01,

the issue is not that I can’t access the drives on my Mac.
The issue is that I want the new EX3 to copy all files from the old Home over without having a Mac in between. It’s taking ages to copy a TimeMachine package from the old Home via a Mac towards the new EX3.
There must be a way how the two drives can talk to each other (and copy stuff) without having a computer in between.
That’s what I am looking for. And that’s what the Home had built in with the Network Import functionality I was referring to.

Thanks!

Hi @eska,

Please be informed to you that our WD does not have any model of EX3 drive and our devices firmware is up to date.

Please refer below link to register you query for technical assistance:Support Login

Sorry for the typo. I meant EX2 not EX3.

Basically, my situation is the following:

I bought an EX2 Ultra to replace my Home. I need to transfer everything from my Home to the EX2 Ultra. The only way I found to do so is to speak to both devices viy Mac Finder or Windows Explorer and move the files from one device to the other.
The issue here is that the amount of data is too huge and it couses timeouts all the time.

What I need is a solution like the “Network Import” available on the Home under “Do more” that helped moving files from an older NAS towards the Home.
What way is there to move files from another NAS (e.g. the Home) to the EX2 Ultra without going via a computer?

As this is not a troubleshooting request, I don’t see any point in contacting Support. It can’t be I’m the only one needing this feature, so I thought you might have a hint, @Keerti_01

Rsync is worth trying but beware of the 'bizzare’ rsync version in OS5. Hopefully they have updated that.

I use rsync to move data between mycloud devices. Trick is to copy rsync executable from raspberry pi onto the ex2 to replace the buggy version WD supplies.