Moviesheets, my one issue

HomerJ wrote:

Just to clarify , when looking at movie list, clicking info on movie brings up an options page for you to view info, rescan info, view youtube trailer etc.  Yes for me it is distorted also, the xml for this page is option_menu_page.xml,  this appears for me in the the top left corner not the top right, probably theme related. 

applying this edit:

<image image=“@@option_menu_thumbnail” default_image=“@@option_menu_default_thumbnail” x=“70” y=“47” w=“138” h=“138” align=“right” scale=“100” scale_type=“pan”/>

will correct it, note that the size of the  image is w=138 and h=138, this will need to be tweaked also.

Clicking view info on this pages options menu gives the meta data, I think the xml to edit in this case is metadata_view_info.xml , I havent had a chance yet to verify but will when I get time.

I copied the option_menu_page.xml from OSD to JSMOD AeonDark and made the edit you mentioned above.

I also copied over metadata_view_info.xml. Looks like the spot would be:

<image image=“@@movie_metadata_thumbnail_bg” x=“70” y=“49” w=“139” h=“196” align=“hcenter” scale_type=“fixratio” scale=“100”/>
    <image image=“@@movie_metadata_thumbnail” x=“70” y=“49” w=“139” h=“196” align=“hcenter” scale_type=“fixratio” scale=“100”/>

Not sure why its repeated twice. I have not played with it yet as the little one is watching TV, which means I have not tested the option_menu_page.xml edit yet either. Thanks for sorting that one out. once they are all edited, Ill update the download.

Sicne you seem to be a great tracker HomerJ, maybe you can find another one for us. If you switch to preview view and highlight a movie, you will notice that the preview movie on the right is half cut off because with Joeys background with the 2 black boxes, the preview window had to be moved to the left in order to be centered. However I am unable to locate where to actually move the preview video to the left. Thanks

I dont believe that the 2nd xml to edit is the meta_view_info.xml  , may be the video_view_info.xml  .  Will try and test and see

“option_menu_page.xml” adjustment worked but I had to change it a bit:

<image image=“@@option_menu_thumbnail” default_image=“@@option_menu_default_thumbnail” x=“70” y=“47” w=“95” h=“138” align=“right” scale=“100” scale_type=“pan”/>

“video_view_info.xml” was not the correct one. You were right the first time. It was “metadata_view_info.xml”

<image image=“@@movie_metadata_thumbnail” x=“70” y=“49” w=“130” h=“196” align=“right” scale=“100” scale_type=“pan”/>

Awesome job tracking them down HomerJ. Now if you can track down the preview video I would be forever in your debt. Thanks.

Now Im going to update these fixes in the downloads.

Ok, good to know.

So what is the preview video exactly, which view is it ?

I think drizz is talking about the “Preview Video” in the preview view.  And unfortunantely, it seems that is something hard coded in the firmware.

Both the preview video and the rotating backdrops in the gallery view use the same type of background rectangle to display the video and images.  You can change the size and postion of the background rectangle, but you can’t change the video size or image size to match.

ya its in this mode: rv_preview_browse_page.xml

In this image you will see where the positioning was originally:

You will see in my release of Joeys theme tweaked i moved the box around the movie to the left. due to this the actual movie being previewed [in the image shows duedate starting with legendary pictures logo]. the video stays to the right and in this example “Legendary Pictures” would be cut off, cause noone is able to locate how to move it to the left as well.

great info drizz, thanks

Hi Drizzt

Do you or anyone else know how to change /scale up the movie preview view so that the partly cut off text does not display.

or in other words I am looking at having only the movie image of the overall moviesheet being displayed within the wrapper window so to speak.

See below taken from your previous photo.

I’ve been looking in rv_preview_browse_page.xml

Apologies for the rather crude use of Gimp. LOL.

Thanks

also I have another querry-

where **bleep** the centre bottom of the screen/ photo below??

NOT sure why i’s put bleep in my question above, but will try again-

Where do i look to change position of counter above-?

Upload the image to an image site mate.

The site does not  show  initially.

i’m from UK which site would you recommend WDTVhub? something thats very quick and easy to register and upload?

you dont have to register, just Google upload Image.

Its ok its showing now.

**bleep** your question is. s-i-t-e s-w-e-a-r f-i-l-t-e-r h-a-s g-o-n-e m-e-n-t-a-l

Do you want rid of the text at the bottom ?

No just reposition it?

Ah ok, well the text in drizzt09s theme was too grey for me.  I changed it to white for the views.

I found it in rv_gallery_browse_page.xml

down at the bottom, I think this is the one.

1 Like

got it thanks wdtv!

couldn’t find in joeys theme but have now pasted it in from original OSD.

cheers again.

Nice one mate.

I hoped it was the right one.

architectonic wrote:

Hi Drizzt

Do you or anyone else know how to change /scale up the movie preview view so that the partly cut off text does not display.

or in other words I am looking at having only the movie image of the overall moviesheet being displayed within the wrapper window so to speak.

See below taken from your previous photo.

I’ve been looking in rv_preview_browse_page.xml

This is an image I took using Joeys theme. I since then altered those images on the leftto just have the image and genre/actors below. test on the right was cut out. I also moved “file size, file type, genre” more into the center along with the movie preview window. however I cant get the actual movie itself to move over. TW says that is hardcoded which Im thinking is right. Im hoping its just some hidden code somewhere and just hasnt been found yet and someone will.

Hi Drizzt!

Ok understand your last reply, but can you please tell me which line of xml code needs to be changed as I have altered your original moviesheet template slightly and I also don’t want genre and actor info to be visible in this particular view? I also want to maximise the actual movie screenshot in the view.

Thanking uyou in advance.

ps. i haven noted comments regarding preview screen position from TW also, which is a shame. I guess that we just need to amend joey’s background png to suit accordingly. Can the text size location (directly below preview screen) be changed, as this is rather to large for me personally? If so where is it?

architectonic wrote:

Hi Drizzt!

Ok understand your last reply, but can you please tell me which line of xml code needs to be changed as I have altered your original moviesheet template slightly and I also don’t want genre and actor info to be visible in this particular view? I also want to maximise the actual movie screenshot in the view.

Thanking uyou in advance.

Sorry it took so long. 1st chance I had at looking at the code:

I am pretty sure it was this code:

<wrapper w=“85” h=“65” align=“left” scale=“100” scale_type=“pan”>
      <image name=“th0” image=“@@browse_0_thumbnail” default_image=“@@default_thumbnail_0” x=“105” y=“105” active=“@@act-browselist-0” disable=“@@thumbnail_disable_0” />
      <image name=“th1” image=“@@browse_1_thumbnail” default_image=“@@default_thumbnail_1” x=“105” y=“180” active=“@@act-browselist-1” disable=“@@thumbnail_disable_1” />
      <image name=“th2” image=“@@browse_2_thumbnail” default_image=“@@default_thumbnail_2” x=“105” y=“255” active=“@@act-browselist-2” disable=“@@thumbnail_disable_2” />
      <image name=“th3” image=“@@browse_3_thumbnail” default_image=“@@default_thumbnail_3” x=“105” y=“330” active=“@@act-browselist-3” disable=“@@thumbnail_disable_3” />
      <image name=“th4” image=“@@browse_4_thumbnail” default_image=“@@default_thumbnail_4” x=“105” y=“405” active=“@@act-browselist-4” disable=“@@thumbnail_disable_4” />
      <image name=“th5” image=“@@browse_5_thumbnail” default_image=“@@default_thumbnail_5” x=“105” y=“480” active=“@@act-browselist-8” disable=“@@thumbnail_disable_5” />
      <image name=“th6” image=“@@browse_6_thumbnail” default_image=“@@default_thumbnail_4” x=“105” y=“555” active=“@@act-browselist-6” disable=“@@thumbnail_disable_6”/>

The green bolded part was the only part in that section that I changed. Below is Joeys original code from that line.

<wrapper w=“114” h=“65” align=“left” scale=“100” scale_type=“pan”>

1 Like

architectonic,

The text below the preview screen can be altered.  You change them in the “rv_preview_browse_page.xml” and the lines are:

The text with the $$ in front of them are the displayed text (ie: $$Genre will display “Genre” on the screen).

You will also need to chang the location of the seperator lines if you move the text.  They are:

Or you can get rid of them by deleting these lines.