Movies take forever to start

all of a sudden today, since the latest update now when i try to watch a movie i get the loading circle icon for up to a minute before the movie actually starts.

I’m having the exact same problem. Player worked find before the update. Now it won’t play anything, I just get the blue circle like it’s loading. Also I can’t play anything from the web either. Searching youtube I can see the search results but when I select one I get the same blue circle forever. I left it on last night and it tried to play a local media file for 45 minutes before I gave up.

rpyles wrote:

I’m having the exact same problem. Player worked find before the update. Now it won’t play anything, I just get the blue circle like it’s loading. Also I can’t play anything from the web either. Searching youtube I can see the search results but when I select one I get the same blue circle forever. I left it on last night and it tried to play a local media file for 45 minutes before I gave up.

Try resetting by pressing the side button with a paperclip / cocktail stick. Press for 1 second and then release with the unit on and fully booted up. It should reboot. A reset is recommended after a firmware update. You could also unplug from power for some minutes.

reseting did nothing, the files that were streaming fine are now giving me the loading icon.

how do i reset to the factory firmware?

eival wrote:

the reset doesnt set it back to the original firmware, how do i set it back to factory installed firmware?

Rollback here (at your own risk)

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=5800

and then accept the update to 1.04.10 via the unit.

edit- okay i installed the so called previous version but according to the Live Player the Firmware version was 2.0 sumthing rather than 1.0, so idk whats wrong there, cause even the files that i downloaded say 1.03

eival wrote:

edit- okay i installed the so called previous version but according to the Live Player the Firmware version was 2.0 sumthing rather than 1.0, so idk whats wrong there, cause even the files that i downloaded say 1.03

Thats just a higher number to fool the unit into downgrading.

well after downgrading i still had the issue, but i think it was a bad file that was messing it up, i turned off an back on an tried to play other files and it was fine, but if i tried playing that 1 file again it messed up even trying to play the others.

maybe its some type of cache issue, ill post again if other files mess up.

Reset button did the trick. Thanks!