Movies freezing

I have a new western digital 3tb and a 2 tb external hard drive and a wd tv live box. Most of my movies are 1080 or blueray. I have tried both hard drives and when i am watching a movie it freezes and ejects the drive. Sometimes i can watch a whole movie and it freezes on the next or sometimes it happens 1/3 thru the first movie. The second level support says it should work fine but it doesnt. I have the latest software updates on both the drives and the tv live box. It is so frustrating. Does it matter if i use the front or rear usb. I have noticed many posts on this forum on this issue. Are there any fixes. I am using a mac computer and have reformatted both drives as mac os extended journaled. Please help !!!

Just in case try using another power socket to connect the HDDs and also try using other movie formats to see if the same thing happens.

If you have the issues with both drives, using both USB ports, and you have also tried different file formats, I suggest you to have your SMP replaced.