Movie will not play, mp4

I will try that for my next encode. Probably hard for me to tell if the video is smooth when cars is on for the 50th time. I just sent a few full bd MKVs to my NAS to replace some mp4 rips. I will have to read the handbrake guide regarding anamorphic settings a couple of more times.
https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/AnamorphicGuide

Joey >>>  I would recommend using the setting for Frame rate mode :Constant

Isn’t selecting “original frame rate” pretty much the same thing, and better than selecting a different frame rate?

mike27oct wrote:

Joey >>>  I would recommend using the setting for Frame rate mode :Constant

Isn’t selecting “original frame rate” pretty much the same thing, and better than selecting a different frame rate?

Yes mike, Original / Constant  same thing  (the 23.976fps was an example, based on eric’s original Bluray Source)

I was not suggesting selecting a “different” framerate from the original source framerate.

Still weird for Handbrake to default to VFR.

OK, got it Joey.  Thanks.  Yes, whenever I run across a setting for frame rate to adjust, I always select same as original and don’t select VFR unless that was the original setting.  I seem to recall most all are a constant rate.

As for the m4v files I make with Handbrake for the iPad (and now a 7" Kindle Fire HD, too)  I use the prefab (default) setting in Handbrake for iPad.  I know others here tweak Handbrake, but the defaults work fine for me (I figure the geeks who set it up know more about it than I do) and my m4v files are all just fine for what I want to use them for.