Movie sheets?

I have a new WDTV Live Plus and am disappointed that it does not support movie sheets. (For examples of what I’m talking about please see http://zappiti.com/screenshots.html )

Will the Live Plus ever have this feature in a future FW release?  If this is not on the horizon, I might have to take it back and get a refund.  :frowning:

Welcome to the forums.

It’s not on the horizon.

There is third party firmware for the older Live unit that can do this but AFAIK as of yet there is no such third party stuff for the Plus (but I could be wrong or it could be just around the corner – if such an approach interests you you should Google B-Rad Live and visit that site).

However, even such brand new players like the Popbox (coming out in about 10 days) don’t have them so it’s not necessarily that big a deal (but if it’s a deal breaker for you definitely return your unit).

Thanks for the honest response Mike.

PS.  Do you work for WD? 

No, I’m just a fan of the Live.

Which isn’t to say that I’m not interested in other solutions – I actually have a Popbox on order (whether I keep it remains to be seen – like all of these devices they have their pluses and minuses).

At this point in time for most people I would still recommend the Live as the media player of choice.  As long as folks understnad the limitations it’s hard to beat in terms of performance.

What do you think of the Xtreamer Sidewinder?  (Especially considering they finally might be realeasing the new FW with the HD audio passthru and movie jukebox functionality?)  And all this for the same price as the Live plus.

Well, for one thing I don’t buy anything I can’t return either via Amazon (not a reseller there, but from them direct, so I get it shipped for free and I can return it for free since they also refund shipping) or locally (like at a Best Buy) – it doesn’t look like you do either with this unit so it wouldn’t be something I’d even try.

And it doesn’t appear to support Netflix or even be possible to support it, so that’s another deal breaker to me.  Two strikes and it’s out .

Its a shame thumbnails don’t show up when the unit is networked or thay they haven’t added some movie sheet software to the wdtv live.

Also add netflix and it would be perfect…