Movie Sheet Theme

Hello All,

I would like to use static Movie Sheet backgrounds, rather than the default metadata and background images that are scraped automatically by the WDTV.

I used Thumbgen to create Movie Sheet background jpgs for all of my movies.

The Movie Sheet background images display all of the metadata contained in the xml file as part of the image. Therefore, there is no need to have the metadata text displayed (it only obscures the text on the Movie Sheet).

I think I have seen some themes out there that are designed for a single movie sheet background (such as Mojo). I really like the default theme and would like to know if there is a way to keep it, but disable the text, clock and view buttons in the Gallery view.

Perhaps someone has created a modified default theme.

Or, perhaps there is a way for me to modify the default theme myself.

Please advise.

Thank you!

I found these instructions for modify the default theme to not display the text in Gallery view:

If your are using pre-rendered moviesheets with movie info already hard-coded onto them, and you wish to stop the SMP overlaying it’s pre-scraped info… then you need to edit the  rv_gallery_browse_page.xml look for these lines and delete what you dont need to be displayed…

I’m not sure how to do this.

Is there an expert out there that is willing to make this change and upload the modified theme for everyone using movie sheets?

The WD community would be extremely grateful.

you can create your own theme

this thread has a download for the default

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-SMP-Discussions/Attention-Themers-1-12-14-Mochi-OSD/m-p/499030

which you can edit and then use

If you don’t want the pre-scraped info to display then delete it. I would however, keep the Movie Title display.

Keep / Delete

<text x=“254” y=“172” w=“970” h=“42” text=“@@browse_text” fontsize=“40” textcolor=“0xffffff” align=“left” speed=“1” delay=“2” /> <text x=“254” y=“246” w=“316” h=“20” text=“@@year” fontsize=“18” textcolor=“0xffffff” align=“left” /> <text x=“578” y=“246” w=“316” h=“20” text=“@@genre” fontsize=“18” textcolor=“0xffffff” align=“left” /> <text x=“902” y=“246” w=“322” h=“20” text=“@@totaltime” fontsize=“18” textcolor=“0xffffff” align=“left” /> <text x=“254” y=“275” w=“316” h=“20” text=“@@director” fontsize=“18” textcolor=“0xffffff” align=“left” /> <text x=“578” y=“275” w=“646” h=“20” text=“@@actor” fontsize=“18” textcolor=“0xffffff” align=“left” /> <text x=“254” y=“307” w=“970” h=“126” text=“@@overview” fontsize=“18” numlines=“5” textcolor=“0xc1c1c1” align=“left” />