Movie metadata in top level of galery view

Hi,

I have the 2014 model WD TV WDBPUF0000NBK with firmware version 1.02.17. I’ve connected this to my D Link NAS and they’re playing nicely together. All of my movies had metadata files already from my previous media player (PC based) but they didnt work with WDTV. I used the WDTV to manualy fetch the movie metadata and backdrops which is now appearing when I drill down to the bottom level of galery view but is not appearing in the top level of galery view, all the fields say ‘N/A’. I’ve been playing with this and trawling the web for a couple of days now and am still no further forward with it.

My folder structure is: Main drive with a single ‘Movies’ folder, within the ‘Movies’ folder is a new folder for each movie (named after the movie title), within each of these folders are all the files associated with it including the movie file itself, the WDTV generated .xml file and metathumbs file and associated jpg files for backdrops etc.

I read a post that suggested renaming the individual movies folders to ‘xxxxxx.avi’ (with xxxxxx being the movie name) and copying the associated .metathumbs file to ‘outside’ the ‘xxxxxx.avi’ folder but that hasn’t worked.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks.

Welcome to the Community.

Perhaps you should try the Themes section within the WD Community. It has several threads dedicated to metadata.

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Themes/bd-p/hub_themes

StephenP wrote:

I read a post that suggested renaming the individual movies folders to ‘xxxxxx.avi’ (with xxxxxx being the movie name) and copying the associated .metathumbs file to ‘outside’ the ‘xxxxxx.avi’ folder but that hasn’t worked.

The *.metathumb stays Inside the folder … the *.xml goes Outside the folder

Movies.avi        <--------- this Movies folder renamed to Movies.avi (inside this folder is the 0.metathumb or folder.jpg)

Movies.xml      <---------  this is the XML which resides Outside the folder