Movie info in Gallery view

I have a folder called movies.  In this folder I have created subfolders for most of my movies (format is Movie - Resolution (YEAR)) The folder containes the movie file and the movie cover art.  The movie and art are titled movie (year).avi/.jpg.  Using WDTV, it never found the file to get movie info whether I edit the name with year, without year, nothing worked for me.  I did find WDTV HubGen which works wonderfully at getting the movie info!  Was the folder name throwing it off?

My real question is, it seems if I have all of my movies, art, xml and .backdrop folders in subfolders, it won’t show the movie info in main movie gallery list.  It just shows the art and all of the info (year, actors, etc are N/A).  I have to click on the folder for the movie to view it.  I tried moving just the xml to the main movies folder, but that did not help.  If I move the movie, art and xml file it shows it.  Do I have to have all of my movies in one folder in order for it to show (that’s going to get muddled), or would having it in the .wd tv folder (right now it just has .thumb files) do anything?

Do I even need the .wd tv folder?  (In the perfect wdtv world, what folders should be where and what should be in them?  I know I saw a post with all of the possible folders and the information they should contain but cant find it.  Thanks!

That is correct. A lot of people here (including me) use “genre folders” so in Gallery View you see JPEGs of Folders for each genre of movie (Sci-Fi, Action, Anime etc) and then you get the gallery of the movies when you go into each one.> ------------------------------------

My real question is, it seems if I have all of my movies, art, xml and .backdrop folders in subfolders, it won’t show the movie info in main movie gallery list. 

Good luck

-P

By moving the xml to the main folder you can see the info but you need to rename the movie folder with the exact same name of the xml file and  add a video file extension like .avi, .mkv, etc.

But there is no slide show in the background

Tested with V3.06.14