Movie Folder Thumbnails

I had the previous unit WD HD Live Plus and attached dvd cover art to my movie folders on my harddrives by saving the dvdcoverart as folder.jpg within the folder and it worked perfecrtly.

I recently purchased the new WD TV Live SMP and I cannot see the thumbnails on this device using the same hard drives and folders.

Any ideas?

Need some help, please.

Also, why are my 2 external WD Hard-drives staying powered up when the SMP is powered off?

Thanks,

Brad

No reason I can think of that JPGs that worked for the Plus won’t work for the SMP… 

Also, why are my 2 external WD Hard-drives staying powered up when the SMP is powered off?

… because they are still available to the network when the SMP is in standby.  If you want them to fully power down, you’ll need to EJECT them, then shut the power off (as opposed to just putting it in standby.)

Thanks on the hard drive power thing…

But I cannot get the thumbnails to display on the newer SMP…odd.

I have the dvdart saved as folder.jpg in the each movies folder.

If anyone has any ideas…please share with me.

I have noticed that the picture quality on the SMP is alot better than the previous Live Plus.  I was getting alot of ghosting on the Live Plus.  Not so on the SMP.

Would love to get the SMP to recognize the DVDART.

I have this problem too, I cant see the Folder pictures that are saved as ‘folder.jpg’ either, mine were also ok on the old Live player

Ok, a silly question perhaps.

You say you’re saving DVDART as folder.jpg.

Is the DVDART actually a compliant JPG format?   … or are you renaming a different format to that name?

Mine are jpg’s, mine were fine on the old Live player but not on this one.

Have you tried naming the jpg the same as Movie name?

The pictures for the films work fine labelled the same as the film file (every film and film picture work), it is the main folder icons that do not work, eg, its the ‘Blu-Ray’, ‘3D Films’, ‘TV Shows’, ‘Films’ main foiders that do not show Icons, they show the film poster/icon of the first film/show in that folder. It is strange that when I go into the, say ‘Blu-Ray’ folder, the (eg) Harry Potter folder with all the films in it does show the folder icon, as does all the other box set folders, so it is something to do with the main folders.

I have tried labelling them, folder, Folder, Folder.jpg and nothing shows up and even tried them in different picture formats. Like i said above, if i plug my hard drive into my old WD Live player, all the folder pictures are fine and show up as they should.

I did some playing around last night and this evening…here is what i found:

The Movies that I have in their own respective folders with the folder.jpg in those folders can be seen now after making a change in the settings under SYSTEM:MEDIA LIBRARY and selecting OFF.  When it is selected ON, the pictures do not show up, when OFF they do…odd?  What is bad about this?  When selected off, you have to go thru 3 or 4 steps to get the video to play and it does not say what the Video is when you play it it simply says Video_TS.VOB and you also lose the ability to skip chapters as you can when it is selected ON.

Also another thing that I found that has to be a BUG, is that when under the Settings:VIDEO SETTINGS…DVD MENU is set as ON…when I play a movie/video selection, and then pick another video to play after the previous one, it automatically plays the previous video  and takes you to that videos menu.  When the DVD MENU feature is turned off, I can pick any video file I want and it plays, but obviously I cannot navigate the DVD Menus.

Hope they find fixes to these issues soon.

I take part of what I reported back.

With when I try skip chapters with the Media Library turned ON, it simply skips to the next DVD/Video file.

Lots of BUGS!!!

BradFuller wrote:

I take part of what I reported back.

With when I try skip chapters with the Media Library turned ON, it simply skips to the next DVD/Video file.

Lots of BUGS!!!

Huh??  Chapter skip works perfectly well for me.   I have Media Library ON, always.  (Never had a reason to turn it off.)

With Media Library ON:

I get no DVD/Video thumbnail pictures.

Also when I attempt to skip chapters, it simply skips to the next Movie/Video within the folder, I have the Main folders labeled Comedy…Action…concerts, etc. with individual movies/videos in their own folders inside those Main Folders.

With Media Library OFF:

I can see my DVD/Video thumbnail pictures.

When I attempt to skip chapters within a given movie/video, it just goes back to the start of the video.

Movie thumbnails show on WD TV LIVE HUB, when I stream from the WD HUB to the new WD TV LIVE (“streaming media player”) no art or description…

Wop411 wrote:

Movie thumbnails show on WD TV LIVE HUB, when I stream from the WD HUB to the new WD TV LIVE (“streaming media player”) no art or description…

If you’re streaming via the Hub’s TWONKY server, then that’s the correct behavior.