Movie cuts out at the ending HELP Please!

Hi,

I need some help i have the WD TV mini Media Player and i use a Prestige 1TB external harddrive. I have quite alot of movies on my hardrive but some of the movies cut out at the end about 3/4 the way through the movie it stops and starts the next movie in line, but when i play it through my computer from the harddrive the whole movie is there.

Please help

Mat

If it’s “some” of the movies, and not all (and I haven’t seen a ton of others making the same complaint), then it’s almost certainly a bad encode, and not a hardware fault/bug.

You’ll probably have to use a different program, and/or different settings when you’re encoding your files, because that program/those settings seems to be making bad files.

Hi matkel,

This is the WD TV LIVE / LIVE PLUS forum.

For better support regarding WD TV Mini questions, you should post in the WD TV Mini forum:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Mini-DVR-Expander/bd-p/tv_mini

Hi, you are not alone with this problem i have the WD TV Mini and movies avi. format that are encoded with 29 frames/sec xvid codec cut out around the 1hr 45-48min mark a error message is displayed saying that the media player does not recognize the file format, I find this very annoying cause Ive just watched so much of the movie. I am wandering why does it all of a sudden not recognize the end of the movie. I have movies encoded at 25 frames/sec and they do not cut out and play the whole way through.I also have movies that are shorter in length but encoded at 29 frames/sec that do not cut out . Can anyone tell me why the player does not like 29 frames /sec movies that are longer in length than 1hr 45min please it would be much appreciated thnkz. I just double checked I actually have 13 movies that go longer than 1hr45min with thew 29frame/sec 3 do play 10 do not play :(.