Move pst to My Book Live Duo

Hi all,

Normally it would not be any problem to move an pst file to an other dir. When I try to move it to an map on my “mybook” there remains a problem. Al e-mail messages can be read but there is no way outlook will be sending or receiving new messages.

Any one a idea how to solve this?

When I move the file to an other dir. on the computer there is no problem what so ever

In advance thanks for the input.

Erwin

This might be related to the file system used by the My Book Live Duo, which is Linux (ext3), while Outlook works with FAT32 or NTFS.  When you are receiving, or creating new messages, Outlook is unable to update the PST file. 

Hey Vadir,

Might be related or for sure this is the cause?

It sounds strange for me if the file systems are able to safe the PST files but is are able to update that files. I don’t see the difference…

I’m not subject to any computer knowledge of course so that helps not understanding things :slight_smile:

Greetz,

Erwin

erlisyhi wrote:

Hey Vadir,

Might be related or for sure this is the cause?

It sounds strange for me if the file systems are able to safe the PST files but is are able to update that files. I don’t see the difference…

I’m not subject to any computer knowledge of course so that helps not understanding things :slight_smile:

Greetz,

Erwin

more than likely Vadir is right. Since Office is a MS application it originaly was programed to run on FAT32 & NTFS.
with the availability of Office for OSX is also runs on HFS systems.

Since there is no official installation for Linux machines (without helper software or manually installing dll files, ect) Office probably doesnt have a clue what to do with the duo.

there could be a way but it’ll probably take some research and or trial and error to get it to work…

I will look further for some possible sollution. If I’ll find one I will tell on this forum.

Thanks for now!

Erwin