Mounting wd ex2 shares in linux

I’m using Linux Mint and trying to access my new WD ex2 NAS. I am trying to mount it using cifs:

sudo mount -t cifs //192.168.2.4/path/to/share /mnt/Share -o username=MYUSERNAME,password=MYPASSWORD

And I only get this back:

Retrying with upper case share name
mount error(6): No such device or address
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

I’m just wondering if there is some setting I need to enable or tweak on the NAS to allow me to connect to it in this way, or if it can be isolated to the client system. I do know that I am on the same network and have the correct IP and share path, as I am able to mount the same share via NFS.

Using your syntax I tried from OracleLinux and had no trouble mounting one of my EX2 shares.

I don’t have any setting enabled - other than Max SMB Protocol set to SMB2 (which is the default I believe).

Double check your share name (case-sensitive of course) and double check the path - the error indicates it is unable to find that share. Since you haven’t mentioned the specific path, it is hard to say where exactly things are going wrong - I just have to take your word for it that you have the right path…but the error is saying otherwise.