Mounting screws for WD 10EZEX

Hi - I bought a used Dell Optiplex 3020 online. It arrived yesterday, and when I unpacked it and lifted it up, heard a huge rattling noise in it. Opened the case and discovered the HD not attached to the drive cage.

Since I found no screws in the case, I’m trying to figure out the size of the replacement screws. It’s a 3.5" drive, WD10EZEX. Thanks in advance.

Is that the Mini version of the 3020? Like this one in the video I’m think it’s not and it’s a desktop and the screws for 3.5 drives are pretty much standard #6-32 UNC.

1 Like

I hate to hear the rattling noise, but I’m glad you found the problem. As for the size of the screw, it’s probably a standard M3 or M4, but I’d double-check to be sure. If you need more support, try Dell support or check out their online support forums. You might want to check online fastener suppliers, as they should have the screws you need for your WD10EZEX. Also, have you considered using Angle Brackets to secure the drive in place? That might help prevent this problem from recurring in the future.