More than one SMP

I curently have an SMP in the living room and an old WDTV Live in the bedroom.

Unfortunately the old WDTV Live has its limitations with moviesheets, etc, so I’m thinking of buying a second SMP for the bedroom.

I’m just a little concerned about the Media Library.  I have most of my films on my NAS but I have one HDD attached to the SMP (I have spares, so can add a ‘mirror’ of this to my second SMP.

What will happen with the Media Library?  Or will that be libraries?  Will they interfere with each other?

Cheers.

Steve w

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Firmware/WARNING-If-you-have-two-or-more-HUBS-or-Live-SMP-s/m-p/296246#M3063

1 Like

Cheers Tony.

I have most of my media (that’s in the library) on 2 MBLs, but I have some on an attached HDD.  It appears that the media library is stored on the HDD rather than either of the MBLs, does that sound right?

Would this mean everything would be okay if I attached a HDD to both?  If not, how do I ensure what is the First Share?

Many thanks.

Steve W

Pecker wrote:

It appears that the media library is stored on the HDD rather than either of the MBLs, does that sound right?

No, that has not been my experience.   The Media Library on the HDD’s is only the media *on* the HDDs.   

The media library for NAS boxes is on the NAS.

So in your case, you should have media library files on all HDs and all NASs.

The FIRST share is whatever is alphabetically first that the Hub can see when it logs in.