Mojo Theme - What am I missing or doing wrong?

I installed the Mojo them but I can’t seem to get anything to work the way it should. Maybe it is working correctly and I just don’t know it?

I use an external hdd for my movies and tv shows and I’m confused about the correct folder / file structure to use.

First I used THIS tutorial and had each movie in it’s own folder and I ended up with 2 lots of info (for each movie) on the same screen. The TV shows just did not work at all.

Then I found THIS tutorial and there’s no mention of any movie specific folders. Am I correct to assume that all the movies with ll their files go in one big “movie folder” ?

At the moment all my movies are in one folder and I use the SMP’s default settings to collect movie info.

When I browse through my movies and select the same view as HERE (1st PoP Sands of Time screen shot) my background is blank (showing info only) and then a couple of seconds later the background image appears. This happens with all the movies even if I flick between the same 2 movies one after the other.

Is this how it’s suppose to be?

I can’t get my tv show to work at all…

First, the second THIS link is a direct link to my tutorial.  Also, as I stated on the MOJO theme thread, this theme was not developed for the SMP, so somethings may not work correctly (mainly .png for the coverart).  But as I have recently bought a SMP, I will be developing a version specifically for the SMP sometime later on.  Don’t ask when it might be ready, it will be ready when I can get around to it.:wink:

Second, and this is what I recomend, you folder structure should be by Genre. So instead of dumping you files in one big folder or having individual folders for each file you structure will be like this:

Movies (folder)

Action (folder)

movie1.mkv

movie1.xml

movie1.jpg (coverart)

movie1_sheet.jpg (moviesheet)

movie2.mkv

movie2.xml

movie2.jpg (coverart)

movie2_sheet.jpg (moviesheet)

etc.

Comedy (folder)

movie1.mkv

movie1.xml

movie1.jpg (coverart)

movie1_sheet.jpg (moviesheet)

movie2.mkv

movie2.xml

movie2.jpg (coverart)

movie2_sheet.jpg (moviesheet)

etc.

And so on.

3rd, this theme was not ment to use the SMP’s scraper to gather the data.  It was designed to use Thumbgen to gather the data.

4th, yes this is how the backdrop is supposed to be.  Unfortunately the SMP/HUB does not allow for static images to be displayed for backdrops (moviesheets) and use the Photo Slideshow to do this.  The best you can do is to make them semi-static like this:

To make the moviesheet semi-static.  On the SMP, select Setup, then select Photo Settings.  In the Photo Settings menu, select “Slideshow Transition” and set it to “Fade”, then select “Slideshow Interval Time” and set it for “5 minutes”.

There will still be a delay before it is shown, but this is the best that you can do.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the detailed reply. I thought that the semi-static background was correct but I hoped for better (don’t we always?). Once I get home I’ll sort out my folder structer and test a couple of films and report back. I guess I need to disable the function for auto info collection?

Perfect, thanks again!

Now I just need to figure out the TV stuff…

TV is pretty much the same.

TV Shows (folder)

“TV Tilte” (folder - what ever show it is)

Season 1 (folder)

tv title S01E01.mvk

tv title S01E01.xml

tv title S01E01.jpg

tv title S01E01_sheet.jpg

tv title S01E02.mvk

tv title S01E02.xml

tv title S01E02.jpg

tv title S01E02_sheet.jpg

etc.

Season 2 (folder)

tv title S02E01.mvk

tv title S02E01.xml

tv title S02E01.jpg

tv title S02E01_sheet.jpg

tv title S02E02.mvk

tv title S02E02.xml

tv title S02E02.jpg

tv title S02E02_sheet.jpg

etc.

Just remember to use S (season) & E (epsiode) in the naming.

So the first season & first episode of Fringe would be:

Fringe S01E01.mkv

or

Fringe - S01E01.mvk

or

Fringe - S01E01 - Pilot.mkv

Or something like this, just remember the more simple your naming the better off you’ll be in the end.

1 Like

Thanks again, you’ve very helpful and friendly!