Mojo for the SMP. (Updated 9-29-12)

Hi, so how is this installed? There isn’t any basic information on how to install it.

poseid0n,

You can find how to install themes HERE.

sewerurchin,

Yes, I am aware of the problems with the dashboard.  It’s just one of those things that I haven’t gotten around too yet, mainly because I don’t use it that often.  But I’ll try to have it fixed by next release.

Also, I can’t see your pic yet because it has to be approved by the mods and that probably won’t happen until Monday.  But what I assume you are refering to is in the Preview view, which was not originally designed to show thumbnails, so there is no way to make it show a default thumbnail like the other views.  I could have made it show a default thumbnail, but doing so makes scrolling extremely slow.   This is a firmware limitation not a theme issue.   So, my tip for you there is if you are going to use this view, make sure you have thumbnail for all you files.

@sewerurchin,

- The Dashboard menu highlighting is invisible.  The menu options “Favorites” “New Items” “Queue” "Recently    

Viewed" are visible.  But there’s no cursor highlighting to indicate which option is being selected.

This is because there is missing data in the xml that controls this.  Specifically data in “inc_dashboard_tab.xml”, however it is not something that I left out, but rather that is not in the original xml that is in the firmwares Mochi theme.  I have no way of knowing why it works with the Mochi theme, but if you download the Legacy theme you will see that this happens with it also.

Hi guys , i am busting my brain since yesterday … I installed the themes  with your guys help.However i have followed the tutorial for thumpgen i am getting no where i double check everything at least 10x … I am getting backdrop and movie info but nothing else …Everything displays correctly  on my computer when i open the moivie folder but its not displaying on my player .

couple question : 

Do you guys have each movie in individual folders ? 

My set up is …

UsB hardware … main folder movie --sub folder action , comedy etc  then each movie has its own folder …what should i eliminate ?

In the tutorial its said i should edit XML file do i still have to do this and how ? 

Can something please show me what the actuals files should like and how many for each movie  eg movie xxxxjpg , xml etc .

I tried mojo template as well as thunpgen default  mostly with same result .

thanks guys .

tanks,

error invalid file  , your zip (Mojo SMP 2.02.03) include the root folder.

copy the all the files and rename it to eg my mojo (no numbers ) then rezip it . This worked for me yesterday .

Sorry guys, I was updating both the versions for SMP and the HUB and I forgot that the one for SMP couldn’t be in a root folder.  I have fixed this now and it should be good to go.  If you downloaded the new update, I would recommed that you download it again because there may have been some corrupted files in the other download.  I’m not positive, but it might be better to be safe than sorry.

Fantastic theme, for the SMP, however,  is there anyway to turn the backdrops off, as I find them slow to load and obscure the synopsis, but once again thanks for the theme, makes the WD SMP a pleasure to use, with my eyesight its a godsend,

Cheers 

Peter 

No, not without editting the theme itself.  However, you have to remember my theme is made to use my moviesheets (backdrops), which will make the overview and other metadata stand out better.

HI tinwarble ,

My files are on uSb harddrive i am trying to convert PNG to Jpeg using your BAT file , for some reason its not working . I tried right clicking and use save as Jpeg but is asking me to replace existing jpeg file . any suggestion.

First, do you have the bat file in the folder that has the png(s) that you are trying to convert.  It has to be in the same folder.

yes i do , i have the bat file in each of my individual  movie folder, when i click on the bat file it attempt to looad what look like a command prompt but then nothing happens…i copied one of the same movies to my computer and the bat file worked. what else can i do cause i can’t  copy 500 movies to my laptop.

thanks

Is your USB drive connected to the SMP or to your PC.  If it’s connected to the SMP and your accessing it through “Network”, then the .bat file won’t work.

You’ll either have to connect it to your PC or you need to Map it as a network drive connected to your SMP.

It is connected to my pc .

Then it may be that your share settings for the folders on that drive, you may need to make sure that they are set for Everyone and Full Control.

Hi, so using the mojo moviesheets with wdtvlive streaming, the metadata does not show up in the folder view, it only shows up when you click into the folder, see below 2 pics. Any ideas, and also below is a list of files in the directory (diff movie but same ) result. Any ideas why the meta data is not showing here? thanks.

Also the image I have attached shows up in the preview, and the post, but when I close the page and go back it is missing from this post

Assuming I’m not doing something wrong, is there a reason why the Live Hub themes don’t display correctly on this Live Streaming?

I can’t get the mirror effect to work at all, using Thumbgen also.  Its like its unable to display the transparency of PNG files.

RedBadger93 wrote:

I can’t get the mirror effect to work at all, using Thumbgen also. 

I’m not sure what you mean by this, but you have to use my cover box templates to have the reflections for your coverart.

Also, I’m not sure if this works or not on the SMP (and it was broke on the latest FW for the HUB) but you have to manually change the extensions for pngs to jpg, for the transparency layer to work.  Like I said though, this may not work with the SMP if they did the same thing for it’s FW as they did for the latest HUB FW.

poseid0n,

I’m not sure if the metadata & backdrops will display for folders (I know that they don’t for the HUB).  Someone else may be able to answer that quesion. 

If not then as with the HUB it is recommended that you organize your files in Genre folders rather than individual folders.  This will give you the desired effect an still give you some seperation of your files.  And if you movies are in DVD format (VOBs) then those should be converted to ISOs so that you have a single file.

Hi, how do i get the SMP to recognise a new thumbnail, for some reason it is showing the wrong movie for Avatar, I have manually changed the jpg to the right one, but it still shows the movie that is before thumbnail?? where am I going wrong, cheers a great theme mate…  really makes this player…