MOJO (beta) 0.06.02 - UPDATE 4-13-11 - NOW PLAYING

Those pics did not show up but just the way it sounds I am getting something as a reflection so I probably did it wrong well not going back and redoing it all thats for sure do they have to be created a .png I have a bulk renaming program but all that would do is take all existing as they are and change them to a png then I could go back and change them agfain from what it sounds like they have to be generated as a png

BTW I do have a request since it is already in the metadata could you make room for a release date?

Renaming the jpg that you created will not make the cover art show up correctly and it is up to you if you want to redo them or not.  But that is why I specifically stated to create the coverart as png using TG in the instuctions at the begining.

As for the release date, there is already a place for it.

Here’s something I’m thinking about including in the next release for the Album Playing view.  I’d like to get some feed back.

This is just something that I worked up, it’s not completed.

Hey TW You say not to use a program to rename from png to jpg but is it ok to do it via command line all at once, just wondering because i want to redo all of them with the larger cover boxes

for some reason I connaot see your pics so I can check that out. I definatley wasn’t blaming anyone I did one as jpg and one converted from png and they looked the same to me. I did do  one png and I do see the difference and I am ok with the way I did it. aAs for the release date not sure how it works ffrom the IDMB metadata it shows the month/day/year in the info from thetheme it alwats shows like 01/2008. So what I guess I meant was could you make it for exactly what the realease date was month year day? If I cannot get pics to work I may have you E mail me a copy so I can see Thanks again

T

As Long as they were created a png to begin with you could use a bulk renaming tool you just can’t take an originally made jpg and turn it to a png then go back to jpg and get the reults of the reflection how tinware has it

dude that’s a totally sick album playing view (and if you happen to be over 40 thats a good thing) =)

great!

can’t wait for the final version !

Pulazki,

Thanks, (and I am over 40, but I don’t know how good that is?:smileyvery-happy:)

Tommyboy,

Yes, when I say don’t use a program, I mean a image editor.   But a bulk renaming tool or command line should work fine.

tm224,

No, you can’t go from jpg to png to jpg.   If you start with a jpg, then go to a png, you will still have an image that looks like the jpg.   The only way to get the transparency is to start off with a png.

As for the the metadata using “01/01” for the date, this is a bug in TG not a theme problem.  You’ll have to get with TG to get that corrected.  If you open the xml, you will see that, that is the date in the xml.

great theme overall. But i`m cunfused about the file structure to create with ThumbGen to get MoJo proper running. A “normal” theme is working with a file structure like this. e.g.

Easy A 2010.mkv                  --(The Actual movie)

Easy A 2010.jpg                   ----The movie’s cover box thumbnail…

Easy A 2010.xml                   -meta data

Easy A 2010.mkv_sheet.mkv            --The dummy file

Easy A 2010.mkv_sheet.jpg             --The MovieSheet

Easy A 2010.mkv_sheet.xml            --Meta data

MoJo actually don`t  need all these files to run in a proper way.

Understand for the time beeing that MoJo do not need the “sheet” files.

It only needs the

1. movie

2. cover box thumbnail (saved as png. renamed as jpg.)

3. the meta data xml

to work as intended

Asking, because i dont want to spam my WDTV with unneded files.

Thanks for help…

u are correct, only needs:

Easy A 2010.mkv                  --(The Actual movie)

Easy A 2010.jpg                   ----The movie’s cover box thumbnail…

Easy A 2010.xml                   -meta data

I tried to rename .png to .jpg

bt i’m nt able to change the file type 

on wd hub it shows file name as 1.jpg.png

i donno wat i’m doing wrong

plz help

there is a feature in windows that is on by default that hides known file types. need to uncheck it… located is different based on version of windows.

Also if you are using windows Vista/7 when you choose to rename a file it only hilites the name, not the file extention you have to manually select the extention to overwrite that part.

Thx 

I got it

Well, I had to abandon the Album Playing view that I was working on.  There’s a bug in the firmware were if you change the location/sze for the info in the playback bar, it won’t show up when you first start playing music.  You have to start it then stop it then start it again (or press FF, then play) or you have to select the song and restart it.

Anyway, the bug creates an unacceptable condition, so until it’s resolved, the playbar has to stay in the position that it’s in.

But I have made some changes that do work, so see how you like this.

And this will be an alternate.

Overview

You can see them here:

Main

Alternate

Overview

And just a note about the album covers.

For them to show up good with better defintion, you should use large covers.  I perfer covers that are 600 x 600, they show up really well, although 800 X 800 are even better.

If you need a place to get the covers, you can checkout - http://www.albumartexchange.com, they have quite a few high-def covers.

Hey TW,

I just tried your theme out, and I have to say it is very cool, well done!!  I guess there is no way of making the focus stay in the middle of the screen is there?  

i.e. if you  only have one video, you have to navigate to the left of the screen and use the smallest pic in your trickle view instead of having it in the middle of the screen.

All in all very nice job,

Thanks

Hey kainat,

Thanks!  And no there’s no way to autocenter the focused icon to the center.  Well there is, but it’s not really pratical.  There are several ways to tell the HUB to scroll, unfortunatley though, there’s no way make it scroll the way it would need to to make it work right.  My modifications are just a work around to give a partial Trickle effect, which is about all that can be done.

Anyway, thanks again.

TW

Yeah that is what I thought, otherwise you would have done it.  maybe some day WD will listen to us and change things!!

Thanks,

J