MOJO (beta) 0.06.02 - UPDATE 4-13-11 - NOW PLAYING

great work TW !!!

I just luv ur TRICKLE view & thx allot for no cover cover box template

i just have a few questions about the theme;

Can i change the icons in ur theme? For eg: video icon i wanted to use Bluray or Hi-Def logo & if yes then how.

The 5th pic with 5 large movie poster shows movie title on top of the poster, it looks repetative 

instead the space can be used for some other info such as imdb rating, etc.

also we change the basic outlook of the main homescreen.

for eg: Can the video & music icons be shown at the center of the screen rather than at the bottom?

Thanks for the larger cover and sorry for the name mix up .

Pushing my luck now - but just about to start my series folder do you think you will release any series templates - mine are quite boring and not really worthy of MOJO!

Thanks

Hi TW

A couple of observations.

On the home page the video animation runs short and the default one runs for about 4 frames after yours and then remains static.

On the Music view(folder) the text is hard to read as it is a similar colour to the background. Also the text over runs (doesn’t marquee) if graeter than about 18 characters Seems to happen in the videos as well).

Also, I don’t get any of the views in your pictures???

Very nice, thanks

Sussed my problem, when I unzipped the folder to the hub it did not copy any of the XML files across, most strange.

yepmop1898 wrote:

Hi TW

A couple of observations.

On the home page the video animation runs short and the default one runs for about 4 frames after yours and then remains static.

On the Music view(folder) the text is hard to read as it is a similar colour to the background. Also the text over runs (doesn’t marquee) if graeter than about 18 characters Seems to happen in the videos as well).

Also, I don’t get any of the views in your pictures???

Very nice, thanks

Sounds like the theme didn’t get applied correctly, as most of the xml’s that control the things that you are having problems with are the same as were in my Anodized Trickle theme.  And I can’t duplicate what your having problems with.

Try re-applying the theme to see if that corrects anything.  If that doesn’t work, try unplugging the power cord, then plugging it back in.

If you are still having problems after that, let me know.

EDIT:  Just saw were you solved your problem.  Yes, don’t ever unzip directly to the HUB, always unzip to your PC and then copy to the HUB.

gladster wrote:

Pushing my luck now - but just about to start my series folder do you think you will release any series templates - mine are quite boring and not really worthy of MOJO!

Thanks

gladster,

I will try to get some series Boxes made up, but I’m not sure when I will be able to get to it.  But I’ll try to have something for the next release.

This is just a question, not a knock. Mojo is a very nice looking interface and yours is the best music interface. My only disappointment is the lack of full TG sheets. Hopefully a future version (of Mojo) will poll up full sheets from either the list view or gallery.  Joey’s work was also very nice, but he left it with some bugs (Something underflows or overflows) after changing views and scrolling back and forth a few times it does a hard reset.

Anyway, very nice job.

zamzickles,

Thanks!  Right now though I’m not going to do moviesheets for any of my themes.  However, if by the next firmware release WD does not implement a way for us to do moviesheets or firetix’s moviesheet idea in the Idea section either doesn’t get a response or get’s an “Unplanned”, then I may rework the theme so that  moviesheets can be used.

One other question. No matter which source I use to get your TW music theme (inside extreme’s megas or direct from Mojo, etc.) I get a large blue arch instead of the great dark anodized background in your samples/ What am I doing wrong ?

zam,

I’m not really sure what your problem is, but if you could send me a pic of what’s happening I might be able to sort it out for you.

TW

Sent

I got your PM, but your pics aren’t showing up yet.  You might want to post them somewhere else like Flikr, then send me the link.

Azeem50 wrote:

great work TW !!!

I just luv ur TRICKLE view & thx allot for no cover cover box template

i just have a few questions about the theme;

Can i change the icons in ur theme? For eg: video icon i wanted to use Bluray or Hi-Def logo & if yes then how.

The 5th pic with 5 large movie poster shows movie title on top of the poster, it looks repetative 

instead the space can be used for some other info such as imdb rating, etc.

also we change the basic outlook of the main homescreen.

for eg: Can the video & music icons be shown at the center of the screen rather than at the bottom?

Azeem50,

First, thanks.  As for changing the icons, yes you can change anything you want, all you have to do change the icons that you want in the themes “image” folder.

As for using some other info, the Video view which shows the 5 large coverart thumbnails will only execpt a few inputs for the info, and the HUB does not use IMDB rating anyway only user ratings.  Hopefully in later releases of the firmware WD will allow the same variables to be used in other views as allowed in the Gallery View (I know that they have been made aware of it, and have acknowledge that they may correct it), and if so I will adjust the theme accordingly.  But until then there is only so much that can be done.

Also, there is not much that can be done with the home screen either.  That too is a firmware limitation.

Any way to remove the NA stuff [director, year, acor, genre] from folder view without removing from file view in gallery?

Nope.

Hey Tin I just read over your reflections post and how to get reflection to my surprise last night I added your theme and went through 201 movies on 1 drive now I do have all my movies on the root drive with no folders however I set thumbgen up as your covers as a spare sheet designated it a $M$N.jpg I think thats the right path which should output moviename.jpg  and used jpg instead of png and then renaming them and they all have the reflextion they look great. I did create several other files also I don’t know if that is the reason. The other files were as follows .moviename.jpg this is to hide image on my live plus which was a dumb thing becuase it shows the otherjpgs anyhow moviename.xml and a moviename_sheet.jpg with the hopes that WD soon makes the sheet separate from the thumb. I did download Mojo this morning didn’t have a chance to view it but the covers are the bomb to me that makes the theme lime green on the anodized. BTW I seen some HD DVD covers I have some  Hd DVDs I want to convert do you have a sound method of doing so I tried about a month ago cannot remember how I did it but I did get video on my live plus no audio however it was a digital plus track pretty sure live plus won;t decode that so not sure if I did it completely right and was a hardware issue or I did it and in the muxing process left out the audio Thanks and great theme

tm224,

First, take a breath and thanks.:wink:

As I don’t have any HD DVD’s I can’t tell you a good method to rip or convert, but you can check out Video Help.  They have just about every tool available listed, and a lot of how to’s.

You said that you have TG set up to output the Cover Boxes as .jpg, then changed them to .png.  This is backwards, you have to set TG to output as .png then manually change the extension to .jpg.   This is the only way to get the transparency on the reflections to show up correctly on the HUB.

Thanks again, and hope you enjoy.

TW

Yea too lazy for paragraphs sorry very bad habit I got into. No you had it wrong I am making them jpgs right of the bat with no renaming. Not sure what to look for them to display properly but I have the reflextion they look good to meand I am doing them in 1 step.

Still haven’t tried the beta out just got done with another hard drive all finished up with you boxart and xml and sheets

This is what they will look like if you generate them as a jpg.

And this is what they will look like if you generate them as a png, then manually change the extension to jpg.

If you notice that the png actually fades out and looks like a reflection, as where the jpg, at the top, just looks like a partial fliped copy.  Also, the jpg does not have transparency and has a black background, the png does not.