Modify .xml to put border overlay around folders / files icons - images

Hi

Does anybody know if it is possible to modify the .xml files for the different views i.e Gallery, and the other ones. So that a simple black boarder (or a chosen colour) can be overlaid around  the displayed folders. Be these folder.jpg images for files or folders. In some ways like the highlighted folder has an overlay image, like in the Black Mamba Theme.

For any one that had the old WDTV Ver 1 with modified firmware. Each displayed folder.jpg had a small black boarder drawn around it.

The reason being is that I am still using the original wdtv with ext hard drive and wanted to move the ext hard drive between the two devices.

So I did not want to use Thumgen to actually modify the images.

I am using the SMP

Thank in advance

The Xml code is in plain slight .... either one of these "Groups" of Code will do what you want. (You also then re-design the overlay)

<wrapper y="460" w="114" h="161" align="hcenter" scale="100" scale_type="fixratio" selected_scale="100">
<image image="thumb_folder_icon://th0" default_image="@@thumb_folder_0_default_image" x="147" active="@@act-browselist-0" disable="@@folder_disable_0" />
<image image="thumb_folder_icon://th1" default_image="@@thumb_folder_1_default_image" x="293" active="@@act-browselist-1" disable="@@folder_disable_1" />
<image image="thumb_folder_icon://th2" default_image="@@thumb_folder_2_default_image" x="439" active="@@act-browselist-2" disable="@@folder_disable_2" />
<image image="thumb_folder_icon://th3" default_image="@@thumb_folder_3_default_image" x="585" active="@@act-browselist-3" disable="@@folder_disable_3" />
<image image="thumb_folder_icon://th4" default_image="@@thumb_folder_4_default_image" x="731" active="@@act-browselist-4" disable="@@folder_disable_4" />
<image image="thumb_folder_icon://th5" default_image="@@thumb_folder_5_default_image" x="877" active="@@act-browselist-5" disable="@@folder_disable_5" />
<image image="thumb_folder_icon://th6" default_image="@@thumb_folder_6_default_image" x="1023" active="@@act-browselist-6" disable="@@folder_disable_6" />
</wrapper>

Sure,the following code is by default this is the Background image for files and folders... but it can also be used for a Foreground (aka Overlay ... instead of a Underlay)

<wrapper y="460" w="114" h="161" align="hcenter" scale_type="fixratio" scale="100" selected_scale="100">
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_0" x="147" active="@@act-browselist-0" disable="@@bg_disable_0" />
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_1" x="293" active="@@act-browselist-1" disable="@@bg_disable_1" />
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_2" x="439" active="@@act-browselist-2" disable="@@bg_disable_2" />
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_3" x="585" active="@@act-browselist-3" disable="@@bg_disable_3" />
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_4" x="731" active="@@act-browselist-4" disable="@@bg_disable_4" />
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_5" x="877" active="@@act-browselist-5" disable="@@bg_disable_5" />
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_6" x="1023" active="@@act-browselist-6" disable="@@bg_disable_6" />
</wrapper>

Thanks Joey, will have a play.

Hi

Thanks again, due to family stuff have only been able to spend some time on this.

Since this was while ago have PM Joey, but posting here in case anyone else can help or solution helps them.

The following code works fine for folders :-

<wrapper y=“460” w=“114” h=“161” align=“hcenter” scale=“100” scale_type=“fixratio” selected_scale=“100”>
      <image image=“thumb_folder_icon://th0” default_image=“@@thumb_folder_0_default_image” x=“147” active=“@@act-browselist-0” disable=“@@folder_disable_0” />
      <image image=“thumb_folder_icon://th1” default_image=“@@thumb_folder_1_default_image” x=“293” active=“@@act-browselist-1” disable=“@@folder_disable_1” />
      <image image=“thumb_folder_icon://th2” default_image=“@@thumb_folder_2_default_image” x=“439” active=“@@act-browselist-2” disable=“@@folder_disable_2” />
      <image image=“thumb_folder_icon://th3” default_image=“@@thumb_folder_3_default_image” x=“585” active=“@@act-browselist-3” disable=“@@folder_disable_3” />
      <image image=“thumb_folder_icon://th4” default_image=“@@thumb_folder_4_default_image” x=“731” active=“@@act-browselist-4” disable=“@@folder_disable_4” />
      <image image=“thumb_folder_icon://th5” default_image=“@@thumb_folder_5_default_image” x=“877” active=“@@act-browselist-5” disable=“@@folder_disable_5” />
      <image image=“thumb_folder_icon://th6” default_image=“@@thumb_folder_6_default_image” x=“1023” active=“@@act-browselist-6” disable=“@@folder_disable_6” />

“Sure, the following code is by default this is the Background image for files and folders…”

Buy changing the thumb folder icon and the x=coordinates I can get a border overlay over the folder icon.

But it does not appear to work for video file thumbnails!

Is it that the code does not work for files or maybe it is working, but the .png file it uses is blank? If so what file do I need to modify? Or do i need additional .xml code.

Any help appreciated.

You need to say which "View" you are working on..

I'm "Guessing" you are talking about "Gallery View"

because Thumbnail FILE overlays dont work in "Gallery View"

this ,,,

<wrapper y="460" w="114" h="161" align="hcenter" scale_type="fixratio" scale="100" selected_scale="100">
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_0" x="147" active="@@act-browselist-0" disable="@@bg_disable_0" />
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_1" x="293" active="@@act-browselist-1" disable="@@bg_disable_1" />
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_2" x="439" active="@@act-browselist-2" disable="@@bg_disable_2" />
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_3" x="585" active="@@act-browselist-3" disable="@@bg_disable_3" />
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_4" x="731" active="@@act-browselist-4" disable="@@bg_disable_4" />
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_5" x="877" active="@@act-browselist-5" disable="@@bg_disable_5" />
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_6" x="1023" active="@@act-browselist-6" disable="@@bg_disable_6" />
</wrapper>

Does NOT Work in "Gallery View" it works however, in all Other Views.

The Only way to have a Thumbnail FILE overlayed is to manually assign a Png Graphic Overlay to each individual File Thumbnail... or create a Single Graphic Overlay to be placed over all Non-Focused File Thumbnails.

Ive tried XML Code from WDTV Gen1 that Accomplishes the desired result, but this code for File Thumbnails does not work in "Gallery View"

"Yes" for Gallery View .... Additional XML Coding is Required

Thanks Joey

Yes it is gallery view i was working on, and i did try the code above, that you supplied before, it just gave black rectangles.

Now i understand that it will not work in Gallery view, will give it ago in the other views.

I did think last night about a single graphic overlay to be used - will have a go at that for Gallery view later.

You also suggest

" The Only way to have a Thumbnail FILE overlayed  is to manually assign a Png Graphic Overlay to each individual File Thumbnail…"

How may i achieve this ? or did you just mean manually modify each manually so in effect i have created a new thunbnail.

Thanks for your help.

@tony0204

" The Only way to have a Thumbnail FILE overlayed is to manually assign a Png Graphic Overlay to each individual File Thumbnail..."

How may i achieve this ? or did you just mean manually modify each manually so in effect i have created a new thunbnail.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Click Here:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/Discovered-quot-Reflections-quot-Code-for-Thumbnails/td-p/364133

2. Download This:

HERE IS A ROUGH (WIP) POSTER BETA DEMO:

http://www.mediafire.com/?7z2w3e5th9imqz8

3. Open rv_gallery_browse_page.xml and you will see this ....

<wrapper y="413" w="155" h="265" scale="100" >
<image image="image/flash_icon_020.png"x="71"bg="1" />
<image image="image/flash_icon_020.png"x="236"bg="1" />
<image image="image/flash_icon_020.png"x="400"bg="1" />
<image image="image/flash_icon_020.png"x="564"bg="1" />
<image image="image/flash_icon_020.png"x="728"bg="1" />
<image image="image/flash_icon_020.png"x="892"bg="1" />
<image image="image/flash_icon_020.png"x="1056"bg="1" />
</wrapper>

This is a Graphic Overlay Manually Applied to Un-Focused File Thumbnails.

The "Focused" Overlay for FILE Thumbnails is video_browse_gallery_thumbnail_f.png

which is this code...

<wrapper y="390" w="190" h="285" scale="100">
<image name="th0_f" image="@@browse_0_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_0" x="52"active="@@act-browselist-0" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_0"/>
<image name="th1_f" image="@@browse_1_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_1" x="214"active="@@act-browselist-1" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_1"/>
<image name="th2_f" image="@@browse_2_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_2" x="377"active="@@act-browselist-2" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_2"/>
<image name="th3_f" image="@@browse_3_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_3" x="540"active="@@act-browselist-3" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_3"/>
<image name="th4_f" image="@@browse_4_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_4" x="708"active="@@act-browselist-4" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_4"/>
<image name="th5_f" image="@@browse_5_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_5" x="877"active="@@act-browselist-5" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_5"/>
<image name="th6_f" image="@@browse_6_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_6" x="1033"active="@@act-browselist-6" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_6"/>
</wrapper>

hello :slight_smile:

but by the “manual” methode is a problem, he always post the frame, if there is a movie or not…

know someone a fix?

how is it possible to makes this with the single graphocs overlay over all unfocused thumbnails?

JoeySmyth wrote:

You need to say which "View" you are working on..

I'm "Guessing" you are talking about "Gallery View"

because Thumbnail FILE overlays dont work in "Gallery View"

this ,,,

</wrapper>

Does NOT Work in "Gallery View" it works however, in all Other Views.

The Only way to have a Thumbnail FILE overlayed is to manually assign a Png Graphic Overlay to each individual File Thumbnail... or create a Single Graphic Overlay to be placed over all Non-Focused File Thumbnails.

Ive tried XML Code from WDTV Gen1 that Accomplishes the desired result, but this code for File Thumbnails does not work in "Gallery View"

"Yes" for Gallery View .... Additional XML Coding is Required

A little correction to this. The method Joey states here does work in Gallery View for the latest FW (but not for 2.07.17), but you need to use this:

<!--thumbnail bg _non_focused-->
<wrapper y="329" w="155" h="283" align="hcenter" scale_type="fixratio" scale="100" selected_scale="100">
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_0" x="461" active="@@act-browselist-0" disable="@@bg_disable_0"/>
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_1" x="624" active="@@act-browselist-1" disable="@@bg_disable_1"/>
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_2" x="787" active="@@act-browselist-2" disable="@@bg_disable_2"/>
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_3" x="950" active="@@act-browselist-3" disable="@@bg_disable_3"/>
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_4" x="1113" active="@@act-browselist-4" disable="@@bg_disable_4"/>
</wrapper>

<!--thumbnail bg_focused -->
<wrapper y="307" w="184" h="339" align="hcenter" scale_type="fixratio" scale="100" selected_scale="100">
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_0" x="446" active="@@act-browselist-0" disable="@@bg_f_disable_0"/>
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_1" x="609" active="@@act-browselist-1" disable="@@bg_f_disable_1"/>
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_2" x="772" active="@@act-browselist-2" disable="@@bg_f_disable_2"/>
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_3" x="935" active="@@act-browselist-3" disable="@@bg_f_disable_3"/>
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_4" x="1098" active="@@act-browselist-4" disable="@@bg_f_disable_4"/>
</wrapper>

If you are using both focused on non_focused thumbs. This is the current method that I'm using for my themes using an bg image like this:

video_browse_gallery_thumbnail_holder_f.png

The images you need to modify - focused: image/Gallery/video_browse_gallery_thumbnail_holder_f.png

non-focued: image/Gallery/video_browse_gallery_thumbnail_holder_n.png

Which ends up like this:

DL_Gallery_SMP.jpg

2 Likes

IT WORKS ON SMP

Special thx to you !!!

cheers for that, that worked a treat! :smiley: