. MKV Video Bitrate

Regarding the .MKV conversion for Live Plus. I selected Frame Size 1920x1080, Video Frame Rate 29.976 and Video Bitrate at 6000. I’m converting from .vob to .mkv files. Is this the proper Video Bitrate? I want uncompressed files. Any suggestions would be immensely and vigorously appreciated…

Why are you up converting DVDs to 1080??

radium wrote:

Regarding the .MKV conversion for Live Plus. I selected Frame Size 1920x1080, Video Frame Rate 29.976 and Video Bitrate at 6000. I’m converting from .vob to .mkv files. Is this the proper Video Bitrate? I want uncompressed files. Any suggestions would be immensely and vigorously appreciated…

You want uncompressed files?  VOB files are compressed video.  If converting to MKV using HandBrake, stick with RF value of 20 for DVD’s.  And go with the Video tab defaults.  As Tony mentioned:  why are you up converting?

OR

create ISO files from the DVD.

Converting because .VOB files don’t allow the 10 min. skip function. It’s 5 minutes or so but not definite in it’s order.  .VOB are the files all my movies were converted to from DVD.

VOB doesn’t do 10-minute skip because it doesn’t NEED to.  VOBs include the original DVD CHAPTER list, so you can do CHAPTER skip, which is much more useful than 10-minute skip…

If you still insist on using 10-minute skip, then just start the VOB in the PREVIEW window, then activate Full-Screen, and you’ll have your 10-minute skip back.