Mixing themes files

Hello 

I want to know if is safe to try to mix files from themes to make our custom themes from the themes that are on the forum.

Example: Supposed I like “Darklight” and I want only the galery preview look so I want to change the Main menu to see like the original  Mochi UI specifically because the Main menu of darklight only support english, so far I know this " inc_rv_home_menu_node.xml" control the look of the main screen.

So my questions are:

if I replace this file and all related images from the theme I like to the one I want customize this actualliy works or could I have a bad theme?

If a Theme has a bad structure what happens if we apply to our hub interface, is posible to revert changes if we have a bad situation?

Thanks . 

You can always go back to the default theme of the WD TV. This is a good question, I think that it should be possible, but try to contact one of the themes makers here, they can tell you for sure if this is possible or not.

You can Mix-n-Match Themes to your Hearts Content.

2 Crash Situations.

1. Making a simple “typo” error in an xml can and will make the Hub reboot. When it has rebooted you can then fix the error. 

2. A More Serious Crash… is done by modifying ‘home’ xmls. eg. inc_rv_home_menu_node.xml , rv_home.xml

If these contain errors or invalid structure, it will cause you Hub to go into an Endless Reboot Cycle.

To “Recover”  keep pressing the ‘Setup’ Button on the Remote Control as the Hub is Rebooting and Eventually it will boot the Default Mochi Theme.

1 Like

Thanks is good to know this reset method. 

I played Doctor Frankenstein and took the gallery view from JSMOD, put it on the Aeonish theme because I wanted all the movie info that JSMOD has and took the music setup from Mojo MS because it showed the existing folders they way I wanted them. I call it JSMOJAEON. This was an exercise in learning how these themes work so someday I’ll try it on my own. The only way to learn is to get your hands wet, experiment and see what happens. The worst that could happen is a reset.

If only someone could write a program that emulates the hub so you could create your themes “offline”. The theme world would explode.

1 Like

I am wondering if it would be possible to mix the black mamba theme with the performance style of the aeonish theme, so that I can get the standard moviesheets to display (without the thumbnail at the side of the moviesheet).

The thumbnails I create in this way are always compressed and look terrible.

Any help here would be appreciated, Thanks

bluemaul69 wrote:

I am wondering if it would be possible to mix the black mamba theme with the performance style of the aeonish theme, so that I can get the standard moviesheets to display (without the thumbnail at the side of the moviesheet).

The thumbnails I create in this way are always compressed and look terrible.

Any help here would be appreciated, Thanks

This can be done.

I used Joey’s Aeonisch Hub Theme and mixed it with the gallery style from Devicious Black Mamba.

After 6 million crashes It now runs on FW 3.03.16 …

Hi Medic,

If possible could you share the mixed theme and moviesheet templates you use.  I think the black mamba gallery view with the performance of the aeonish theme are perfect fit.

thank-you.

Yes Medic,

please share it - thanks a lot

Gerd 

Providing a link is no problem but maybe its better to ask Joey first how he thinks about it.

I mean its his work in the first place …

Things i added/changed to the theme are:

New firmware, rss, live tv in main menu.

Gallery view with Aeonisch Moviesheets.

Movie/tv serie covers/muziek art works in jpg for posters and backdrops.

ect. ect.

Latest modification done by Joey is making the Check Network Connection icons work.

Will post a few screenshots first …

Movie sheet in Aeonisch Hub style

TV Series sheet in Aeonisch Hub style

@medic

did live tv replace Services?

looks very nice, i hope you can share it…

regards

Gerd 

drizzt09 wrote:

@medic

did live tv replace Services?

Nope Services/Online is still there …

Live TV is something WD added in the later FW for watching TV using a Slingbox.

Not sure how but somehow you can connect your WD to a Slingbox to watch TV i think.

@ Joey,

Hi I was hoping if you dont mind would it be okay for medic to share his modded version of aeonish with us.

thanks.

Yes! I received answer from the Master!

Joey has no problems at all with me posting the above modded Aeonisch Hub theme. :smiley:

You can find it here

thats great thanks medic and of course to the master joey.