Missing the wireless networking options in the network setup

I have a supported wireless adapter and I have upgraded to the latest firmware  2.02.16 but still no wireless settings appear in the network setup page. I returned the adapter and exchanged it because I thought it might be faulty. However, the new one still does not work. the adapter only lights up sometimes when it is inserted. The adapter is the belkin F7D4101,Belkin Dual-Band Play Wireless USB Adapter.

Is my TV Live Media Hub defective or am I just missing something obvious?

Note that the F7D4101 is only supported if it’s a “Version 1”.   Is it?

At this point, all I can see on the belkin website is a Version 1. No other versions are mentioned. looking at the actual device there are no external markings.

Does the TLMH have to recognize a valid wireless adapter before it will show me the wireless settings?

I do think it is odd that the USB port won’t power the adapter all the time when I plug it in. Sometimes I plug in the adapter and it is dead. Sometimes it powers up. I am starting to lean towards some problem with the usb sub system.

Maybe time for an RMA.  I hope not.

That’s correct; the Hub has to support the adapter before it will give you the setup options under Network Settings.

If the HUB will load a USB Thumbdrive or HD on the ports, then it’s unlikely there’s a problem with the USB port itself…  Can you test that?

Have you tried both USB ports.

Yes, I have connected USB Thumb drives and External Hard drives and they have worked flawlessly. The USB must be fine. I have only connected to the front port because the rear port doesn’t have clearance for the wireless adapter when an HDMI cable is inserted.

I have just found the box that the Belkin Play wireless adapter (F7D4101) came in and in very small print it says version 1000. I guess I am out of luck.

Please Western Digital.  For the next firmware release on the TV live Hub, could what ever small tweak in code that needs to be done for Version 1000 of the F7D4101 belkin to work be included. Oh please please please.

dadgumit wrote:

Please Western Digital.  For the next firmware release on the TV live Hub, could what ever small tweak in code that needs to be done for Version 1000 of the F7D4101 belkin to work be included. Oh please please please.

Users always say that but I can’t believe that you are prepared not to use the hub on the off chance that WD add support for your adaptor at some time in the future.

I tried like 4 different types of usd wireless adapters on the compatability list. and I finally found 1 -

tp-link wireless N usb adapter TL-WN821N

if you plug in a usb adapter and it doesn’t light up and if you go to network setup and you do not see the wireless option that means the usb adapter is not compatible. Trust me I went through lots of them… good thing for refund policies lol.

I tried four or five wireless adapters I had laying around the house and none worked. In fact, I thought for a moment that the USB on the Hub didn’t work because it looked like the unit didn’t even recognize that something was plugged in. I should note that none of the adapters I tried were on the approved list. Instead of buying another adapter, I tried a bridge that I was no longer using. It is a D-Link DAP 1522. It works great and connects to the hub via the ethernet jack so it leaves both USB jacks free. So that is another option, especially if you have an old router/bridge laying around.

I have the exact same problem!!

I just bought a the WD TV Live media player, Belkin Share Wireless Router and a wireless adapter only to fine I cant set it up???

Looking at the user manul I cannot do #5 - 10 on setting up wireless network as the wireless option simply is not available on my WD TV Live

I have the belkin Basic Wireless USB adapter which on the box says f7D1101au ver. 1000au… I guess 1000 means its no good… what a pain, hope I can get a refund!