Missing files

I use a 1TB Passport with my MacBookPro OSX (10.4.9) to store photo files for Aperture. My standard workflow uses the Passport as the location of the original files. Aperture calls theses “Referenced Files”. Last week I downloaded photos over about three (3 total folders); All of teh thumbnail photos appear in Aperture, and I never noticed any problem or error message at the time I downloaded the files. This week I went toedit teh photos in Aperture and the original files couldn’t be found even thought the external drive was attached (confirmed that it was online through finder and referenced file location utility in Aperture).  So I opened the Passport, and there were no files at all for these projects.  UGGGG.  I can’t figure out what happened - the photos must have downloaded since I can see the thumbnails.  The only possible explanation I can come up with is thta someone accidentally knocked the computere and teh Passport was ejected improperly at one point.  Could this have done it?1  Anything I can do at this point?!  Thanks in advance!

Hello,

It is possible the files or the partition is corrupted. Try to repair the disk using disk utility.

Check this link for more information.

How to test a drive for defects or problems on a Mac