Missing Compilers! C, etc

It’s frustrating me a lot that WD doesn’t have the basic compilers like GCC which is the most useful one. The problem is you can’t install them simply via apt-get or aptitude, you have to do cross-compiling which is not so easy,:manfrustrated: also you have to be awar of kernal, etc.

I don’t get why WD doesn’t include these basic C compilers that will ofcourse expand the utility of MBL, let’s hope for the next update includes these compilers…:angry:

for those who’s looking for cross-compiling;

http://mybookworld.wikidot.com/compiling-mybook-live-modules

kuruvi wrote:

I don’t get why WD doesn’t include these basic C compilers that will ofcourse expand the utility of MBL, let’s hope for the next update includes these compilers…:angry:

because WD has no intention of you ever doing stuff like that.   Many people who enable SSH wind up destroying their drives because they know nothing about what they’re doing.   :smileyvery-happy:

Just read some of the posts here of people who do things like 

"I went into SSH and execute the command

rm -Rf /*

… and now it doesn’t work.

I’m so mad at WD that this SSH thing is broken!   PLEASE HELP!!!"

:smileyvery-happy:

You are wright, but we can’t worry about some folks who does use something like “rm …” without knowing them. I don’t think that this is a good reason not to include C compliers, I feel the doors must be kept open for people who wants to walk through. In the begining I made many mistakes then I learned…