Mirroring My Cloud to external drive

I’ve recently upgraded my MyCloud NAS to My Cloud Home. On my old My Cloud I had a solution using FreeFileSync on one of my PC’s to mirror my MyCloud contents to an external drive as a security measure if ever my MyCloud Hard Disk failed (know otherwise as a Dual Raid Mirror configuration).

It seems that with my newer MyCloud Home because they’ve implemented a newer way for public and private and shared folders etc. I can no longer access all of the public, private and shared folders on my MyCloud Home on my PC thru map drives, IP address etc. in order to backup the folders to the external drive every night automatically using FreeFileSync.

So given this limitation, I would not mind backing up the entire MyCloud drive - I’m asking anyone who might have a solution for mirroring MyCloud Home to an external drive using some back software? Keep in mind I have My Cloud Home and not duo.

Thanks in advance

Mark

Hi @mbiasotti ,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask