Mini HD Media Player now unable to play movie files

Hi All,

Need some help please- I have used a WD Mini HD media player for home movies for the last 2 years now- connected with a WD HDD. All has been well until last week when I select any file then the following message is displayed:

‘unable to play the selected file.Please refer to the user manual for a list of supported files’

As mentioned unit has been fine upto now and only use MP4/MOV & AVI files to play. I have even purchased a new WD elements 1TB HDD (as previous drive is full) and as I have a Mac I formatted as mentioned in the instructions, but the same message appears. All pictures are OK to view on both drives!

I read a discussion about re formatting new drive as its from a Mac (non journal version) but I don’t think this is the issue as my previous HDD is displaying this message and this has worked for the last 2 years!

Help please!  (thanks in advance)

Please post the full TEXT output of MEDIAINFO for such a file.

http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net

Thanks for your response but i do not understand? The error message is as explained on original message:

‘unable to play the selected file.Please refer to the user manual for a list of supported files’

First, keep in mind that the MINI is no longer supported.

This forum is for the 2011 model WDTV Live Streaming Media Player.   So help is going to be hard to come by.

My instructions are pretty clear:  Download that program, and post the TEXT output for one if your files.