Mine works awesome now

Thank you for the newest firmware .24.  Mine has been working sooo much better.  I have had mine since it first came out and its been … ok… when it worked, it was great… when it did not… i wanted to get rid of it.  But lately, with the new .24… playon has been flawless and quick.  My Windows 7 videos all play perfect now. (home movies)

keep it coming! 

tomme12 wrote:

Thank you for the newest firmware .24.  Mine has been working sooo much better.  I have had mine since it first came out and its been … ok… when it worked, it was great… when it did not… i wanted to get rid of it.  But lately, with the new .24… playon has been flawless and quick.  My Windows 7 videos all play perfect now. (home movies)

keep it coming! 

It has kept coming - there is now a newer firmware - 1.02.21.

You may want to read up on it before upgrading.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Firmware/WD-TV-Live-Firmware-Update-Version-1-02-21/td-p/16917

Sorry, the whichever the latest is I loaded last week.  Its great.

Glad to see somebody happy. :smiley:

This is why I am waiting for the POPBOX…comming soon…

floder2 wrote:

Has somebody told you that you will get a free Popbox if you mention them enough!!! Let us know when its here and how well it preforms, telling us something we all know is not interesting. 

floder2 wrote:

Someone is very happy with their WD TV Live and that’s why you’re waiting for a PopBox…?  Good luck with that…

Back on topic…  I’m also very happy with the current firmware and the performance of my WD TV Live.  There’s still room for improvement but it’s definitely turing into a solid media player.

Yes, I agree but clearly not everyone is so happy and there are still networking issues which I have  a suspicion will be almsot impossible to solve due to the variety of set ups.

Exactly why a Popbox won’t suit everyone as well.

And my own take on network issues is they are ALL solvable, but by solvable I mean there are workarounds so that everyone can stream media to their Live if they are willing to follow a few (simple) rules.

I ripped Couple Retreat to the other night, started watching it, about 30 minutes, my wireless network got a little flakey, moved my WD live 2 inches to the left and it was fine the rest of the movie.  Flawless.

I wish youtube was back in HD, but oh well.  The fish tank in HD was a jaw dropper when I showed people what my little WD Live box could do.

tomme12 wrote:

I wish youtube was back in HD, but oh well.  The fish tank in HD was a jaw dropper when I showed people what my little WD Live box could do.

Can you post a link to that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7deClndzQw