Milestone Arcus Video Sourveillance App Push Notifications Issue - No Working!

Hi to everybody,

I am an Italian customer, I own a Western Digital DL4100 NAS and I have Milestone Arcus Sourveillance App installed on it. I have installed Milestone Sourveillance App on my iPhone 5S too and all works fine exept the push notifications on my iPhone. I have configured notifications on my iPhone App but they don’t work, nothing happens when a movement is detected or a connection camera is lost.

On the other hand the app of the manufacturer of the cam send a push notification to my iPhone!

Thank you in advance for your reply to solve my issue.

Best Regards.

Hiu,

I haven’t use that application. Let’s see if any of the users can share some information about it.

Does the same happens when you try on other phones?

Hi,

thank you for your reply! No, I haven’t yet tried with another Phone, I will try this evening and I will let you know.

Thank you again!

Hi ERmorel,

sorry for my late reply. I tried this evening to install and configure the Milestone Arcus App on a different Phone (an iPhone 6 this time), but it works like on mine phone. I can see all my four cameras but when a motion is detected no push notification is sent to by the phone…

How can I solve this issue? Is it possible that can be a wrong port setting or something similar?

Thank you in advance for your reply!

Hi,

is there anyone that can kindly help me?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

I don’t think you will get any help here. WD does not answer any questions here.
For example I have asked where is the link for the unlimited licenses offered through the end of the year and get no reply.

The WD page for Arcus https://www.wdc.com/solutions/ultimate-surveillance-storage-solutions.html
Has a footnote/star/asterick on push notifications with no footnote explaining it
Schedule recordings, receive automated alerts, enable motion detection*, and more.

I use Blue Iris for my cameras but it runs on Windows not a NAS

does this do anything?

View and trigger actions

You can view and trigger actions from the following locations
•The list of views
•When viewing live video
•The list of investigations
•The Actions page

1 - To display actions, do one of the following
•Android - In the top bar, tap Actions
•Windows® Phone - Swipe to the Actions page, or tap Actions icon Actions
•iOS - Tap Actions icon iOS

2 - To trigger an action, do one of the following:
•iOS and Android - In the list of actions, tap the action, and then confirm that you want to trigger it.
•Windows Phone - Tap the action, and then tap Activate. You receive a notification that a request to trigger the action has been sent.

Using actions in Milestone Mobile

If your system administrator has given you permission, you can trigger actions if you need to. For example, you can:
•Starting or stop recording
•Switch to a different frame rate
•Trigger SMS and email notifications
•Move PTZ cameras to preset positions
•Activate hardware output

In the clients, actions are represented by outputs and events that you can activate.

Hi Gramps,

first of all thank you so much for your reply! I write down the name of the software you suggested to me but at the moment I want to try to solve this issue becouse I prefer to use the app on NAS in order to avoid to have turned on 24/7 a PC. I followed what you wrote about push notifications but nothing changed. I think this is an issue about the port configuration or something similar.

The problem is that I contacted directly Milestone but they answered me to contact a reseller! :-((((

This is a kind of issue that should be solved by Milestone itself.

However is there anyone that successfully configured the mobile App?

Thank you to anyone will answer and help me.

Yes Milestone will say contact WD because they gave them the software and WD “adapts it” so Milestone has no idea what may be the issue, nor do they make any money helping you.

I would try posting in the Milestone forums
http://forum.milestonesys.com/yaf_forum2_Public-Forums.aspx

I Installed the milestone software but I do not have any supported cameras. I bought a HOSAFE ONVIF to try but it did not find it

BTW, normally outgoing ports from a NAS are not blocked so I do not think it is ports

Ok Gramps, thank you for your reply, I understood.

However yesterday I find in the details of the App features on Apple Store that I have to set up in the WD NAS App the events that I want to be notified to my iPhone, so I want to try this evening this new way and I’ll let you know if it works.

If it still no works I’ll contact the Milestone forum you suggested to me.

Thank you again for your help!

Ciao Alessandro Ho lo stesso problema: hai trovato il modo di risolverlo?
Grazie

Ciao Gabriele,

purtroppo ho verificato che l’unico modo per risolverlo è avere uno dei loro server, in quanto il sistema effettua notifiche in push su iphone solamente se si ha un server Milestone che invia il segnle al client installato sull’iPhone. Io infatti per avere le notifiche di motion detection ho ovviato utilizzando l’invio della mail direttamente sul cellulare che comunque mi arriva in tempo reale. Alla fine non ho trovato altre soluzioni.

Ciao!

Alessandro

Ciao Alessandro anche a me basterebbe ricevere le mail su IPhone e nn sull’app ma non partono dal DL4100 anche se il setup è corretto. La cosa strana è che le mail di registrazione nuovi utenti del milestone partono e arrivano correttamente (quindi ho escluso problemi di smtp dell’applicazione) ma nn le mail del motion detection. Hai qualche consiglio?

Ciao Gabriele,

le mail le faccio partire direttamente dalle telecamere collegate via IP, il DL4100 lo uso solamente per registrare il video…