Migrating from one inclosure to another

Hi everyone. This is my first post here. I have a quite old my world book edition 2 model (WD20000H2NC-00) which. Is a 2 bay RAID.

For some reason it’s been playing up over the last 2 months where it doesn’t discover itself even after rebooting and even doing a soft reset. It pops up on discovery but then quickly disappears and cannot interact with it. I know the risks are fine because I was able to breifly access them when connected and interact with files.

In any case - I’ve just purchased a new my book Duo RAID on the hope that I can replace the old one. I’ve only purchased the inclosure with no disks. I want to simply move the old disks over to the new my book duo on the hope I can carry on like before.

Can anyone see any problems with doing this and is it as simple as that? I hope the disks are not tied to the old NAS in some way or get into formatting issues.

Would greatly appreciate any help or support on this matter.

Thank you!

Yes it wont recogonize, as the settings are not recogonized with new bay. Even though the disk stores the data. The hardware ID mismatches and may not work.

Who will sell blank bay. Unless it is available.

Only way to see if it is working or dead is flash the firmware again. Sometimes it failes or corupted.

But i would suggest to get equivalent hdd extenrnal and backup the duo and then get ex2 ultra or any other bay format the hdd and restore the content back.

Hi. Thanks for responding. That is a real shame.

Yes you can buy enclosures on their own and put your own disks in. Brought a new one on eBay without any disks.

My main priority is getting the data off the old drives which is a pain considering the old NAS is playing up. Tried everything but not playing ball.

So you got the enclosure and is it working fine