Microsoft Surface 2

I apologize if I am posting in the wrong section. I am currently overseas and just recieved my Mircrosoft Surface 2 which I am using while my laptop is being repaired. I wanted to know am I able to use iTunes and VLC and Media player on this? I have tried looking for the apps but nothing seems to be working. I am starting to feel like this was a bad purchase if I can’t get any of those items to work. The media player that is installed on this will not play all my movies on my external and apparently I have to be connected to the internet for them to play which is not always an option in Afghanistan. Also from what I read is Internet explorer really my only option? I’m not a big fan of it and it is already causing me issues by not fully loading options on sites I normaly go to. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

I realize this was posted in the “Off - Topic” section of the “Western Digital Forum” but …

i would recommend posting in a “Microsoft Surface 2” forum for more direct advice

http://www.surfaceforums.net/forums/microsoft-surface-2.43/

v8killer wrote:

I apologize if I am posting in the wrong section. I am currently overseas and just recieved my Mircrosoft Surface 2 which I am using while my laptop is being repaired. I wanted to know am I able to use iTunes and VLC and Media player on this? I have tried looking for the apps but nothing seems to be working. I am starting to feel like this was a bad purchase if I can’t get any of those items to work. The media player that is installed on this will not play all my movies on my external and apparently I have to be connected to the internet for them to play which is not always an option in Afghanistan. Also from what I read is Internet explorer really my only option? I’m not a big fan of it and it is already causing me issues by not fully loading options on sites I normaly go to. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Which do you have the Surface RT or the Surface Pro.  If you have the RT, then no, you cannot install other software on it.  You have to download the appropriate software from the Windows Store.  Some of it is free, and some of it must be purchased.  if you have the Surface Pro, then you should be able to install software on it with an external DVD drive.  And then I would recommend downloading and installing VLC.  It’s free and works great.