Meta-source Manager, Wondering how to use

Hey there was just wondering if anyone could tell me how to use this feature as i want to add more meta source’s to my list

Did you ever got any help with this? In the User Manual of this device, there is a small guidance on how to use this feature, it might help.

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705062.pdf

thanks for the reply oxter yer i read the manual dosnt make any sense on the part about meta-source manager then refers to a link in the manual that links to the home page but has nothin related. As i want to make tvrage.com a meta-source

Then you will need to write a scraper for tvrage.com.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Scrapers

yeap thats what i needed tonyph12345 thanks heaps for that

yeap thats just what i needed thanks heaps tonyph12345

I read over the link provided above and it all looks greek to me! :wink:

Is there a link for us metasource dummies available?

I need help on this as well.  It seems to work OK for Movies for me but TV shows don’t work as well.

I keep each TV series in its own folder.  Then I have a folder within the series folder for each episode.  I have a small folder.jpg file and eg Silk.S01E01.jpg file and the corresponding Silk.S01E01.avi file in each episode folder.  I navigate to the episode file I want to play ( Silk.S01E01.avi) and via option I get to Get Info.  When I check the TVDB.com website on my PC the TV series Silk is there.  When I hit Get Info on the WDTV SMP it says there isn’t a file with that name.  This also happens if I type silk.

I have managed to do Dexter Series 5 OK but there isn’t a backdrop for any of the episodes of that series.

However when I try the movie Albert Nobbs.avi the WDTV Live SMP Get Info comes up with everything, info as well as backdrops.

What am I doing wrong with the TV shows?

I can confirm I’m experiencing the same behaviour as thomfam. This is running the 1.05.18 firmware.

For TV show file names in the series.name.s01.e01.avi format, when I have that file highlighted, press options and select “get info”, it fails and the option to choose a different meta-source show tmdb.com as selected and the only source available.

Do I need to tag the file as a tv show or something?

carrio110 wrote:
I can confirm I’m experiencing the same behaviour as thomfam. This is running the 1.05.18 firmware.

For TV show file names in the series.name.s01.e01.avi format, when I have that file highlighted, press options and select “get info”, it fails and the option to choose a different meta-source show tmdb.com as selected and the only source available.

Do I need to tag the file as a tv show or something?

Changing the filename to series.name.S01E01.avi solved the problem. It was the full-stop (or ‘period’ as our international friends refer to it) in between the series number and episode number that the SMP didn’t seem to like.

That did the trick alright thanks! I’m not thrilled about having to rename all my TV shows but it works. I believe there are other formats that will work as well