Meta-data Population issue

Hi all

Just bought 2 of these to replace my ps3 (thanks Sony for wanting to control everything i do). Everything working perfectly thus far, with the only exception being the meta-data population from tmdb.

Can someone advise how to get the meta-data population working.

e.g. Format of my films is: MovieName (YearOfRelease)

Can’t imagine why it wouldn’t work

28 Days (2000) works when searching on tmdb.org.

I thought it was because I didn’t have some sort of storage attached to it…however I now have a usb drive attached to the front of it. 

Does give me an error or anything just displays blank data.

What error does it give you?

Extra Information:

Source of Media: UPNP Media Server

Definitley connected to Internet

Firmware: 1.07.15 (Just updated it this morning)

There’s no error or anything, it just doesn’t show anything. I have the option in the setup to automatically pull down content info…no change, even if I leave it at manual there’s no option to retrieve it.

Is there any sort of internal logging on the device that would indicate to me why it wouldn’t be retrieving data?

setup router to log any requests from the live tv box’s ip address to the external, and nothing…not even one.

Very odd, I can’t even see it attempting to grab the meta-data from the tmdb

Any ideas?

Does one need to add all files into the Local MediaLibrary inorder for this to work?

enigmab17 wrote:

Extra Information:

Source of Media: UPNP Media Server

Definitley connected to Internet

Firmware: 1.07.15 (Just updated it this morning)

There’s no error or anything, it just doesn’t show anything. I have the option in the setup to automatically pull down content info…no change, even if I leave it at manual there’s no option to retrieve it.

You can’t get content info when viewing from a media server.

You must have “Media Library” enabled in the settings.

You must have an attached USB with files labelled properply or a network share (write access) that has been added to media library (again from settings menu).

While navigating your “Media Library” (red button & select “media library” if you’re not in it), you should see meta-data or be able to download it using the option button.

Also make sure your in “Gallery view” to easily see all the downloaded content. (use yellow button to change view)