Media Library NAS Shared Folders keep disappearing

I have 3 separate movie media folders (all on 3 different drives) that are shared. When I go to add Folder “A” to the media library, it scan find and loads the content information for Folder “A”–all files from Folder “A” are viewable using the media library source view. When I next go to add Folder “B” to the media library and then browse videos from the media library source, it appears that I now see all my movies located in Folder “B”, but the movies from Folder “A” that were previously loaded are no longer present when viewing using the media library source. The same thing happened again when adding the Folder “C” shared content to the media library (Folder “B” content was no longer viewable). Any ideas why my different folders aren’t showing up at the same time? Computer is not in standby and all drives are active and accessible.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer! 

Right now you can only add a SINGLE SHARE or ALL SHARES to the media library.

You cannot add two or more SPECIFIC shares.

Thanks very much for the quick reply Tony. I know your expertise and support of this community is very much appreciated.

I’m away from my SMP right now so I’ll have to confirm when I get home from work–but when I go to add my shared folders (all of them), is there an add “ALL SHARES” option? I didn’t see it and consequently just added one shared folder at a time. I really do want to add all of my shares however.

Thanks again for your help and guidance–it’s sincerely appreciated…

To add ALL SHARES, you basically just answer “PLACE HERE” on the pop-up that lists the various shares the Live sees, instead of selecting a specific share.

Thanks again for all of your help Tony. Can’t wait to finally see all of my NAS video content in the Media Library!

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Right now you can only add a SINGLE SHARE or ALL SHARES to the media library.

You cannot add two or more SPECIFIC shares.

Tony, you were never able to add multiple shared folders from the same NAS device to your library?  I have this working fine over here, 5 shared folders from 2 NAS devices and all the movies show up in my library.

Nope…  Could you paste a screenshot of your “Media Library Manager” screen?

My media library manager screen only shows two shared folders, one per NAS, BUT I added all five shares one by one letting it compile each share before I proceeded to add the next and it added all five shares to my media library.  i’m not trying to say my media library manager shows all five shared folders if that’s what you mean?

… but when you Browse, you see the content of all five shares simultaneously?

Yep, all content from the five shares is present in my media library.

nfodiz wrote:

Yep, all content from the five shares is present in my media library.

How are you doing that??? When I click add network share to media library it just replaces the one already added. So I cant add more then one.

I can say I am able to do this as well but each Share shows. I’ve had up to four listed there unlike his two.
Im using only one NAS though so maybe that is the difference.

codeblue2k wrote:

How are you doing that??? When I click add network share to media library it just replaces the one already added. So I cant add more then one.

Are you running 1.05.xx or later?

TonyPh12345 is right.
If you happen to be on 1.05.xx or later you should be able to add more than one share folder as it was added in that FW release.
If not update and let us know if that works out well. hopefully it should without a hitch.