Media Library Guide?

i cant find an official statement or tutorial how to set up my media database in general. many many topics clear up specific questions, but i cant find and overview how to set up everything. this brings up a few questions:

does the WDTV automatically load covers from the web, if the files are named correctly?

if yes, how do i have to name and structure folders and files to make it work?

if no, how do i have to name the cover jpgs?

what tools do you use to scrape your movies since ember media manager is dead?

Thanks in advance,

Pietz

1.  Yes.

2.  I’ve had the most luck with:

TV Shows:

TV Show Series Name.SxxEyy.ext

Movies:

Full Movie Name (year).ext

thanks for your quick reply.

i just dont understand why nobody from WD made a topic or a chapter in the manual for this. if they build in a feature for media scraping, they need to let us know how to use it.

is it possible to set up the scraping for folders? because in my movie folder, i have subfolders for every single movie.

ok scraping simply doesnt work for me. do i have to check something in settings?

i have my files on a gnap server: Qmultimedia/VIDEO/Movies most of the movies are named correctly but no covers are shown. why?

obviously the wdtv is connected to the internet.

My question is that is it possible to use metadata over media server/LAN? (I tried TVersity and PS3 media Server also but I can only see the separate files)

LAN, yes.

MEDIA SERVER, No.

Ok, now I see it is working through LAN.

The only problem is that with windows share all my 3D movies lagging and the sound stops after a few seconds.

These are half SBS/TAB mkv files and with media server there is no problem playing them. I’m using Win 7 64bit

TP-Link TL-WR1043ND router. What could be the problem? (It can’t be the router/cable because with media server

it is ok)

Just read the movie scrapping parts of this post and it was very useful.

Do you have any tips for the Music side of things.

I have a music folder on my NAS drive, should i order th music by artist / album in folders, or have all of the files in the one folder ?

Any tips you have would be greatly appreciated !

Daz

sounds like my trouble as well… trying to sort / source some images to display when i choose or want to pick a mkv