Media Library/Favorites Issues

I’m not alone! The contents of My Favorites has vanished. I cannot add anything to it anymore and I’ve done all the things mentioned above including a reset to factory settings.

Euler13:

Does this also mean that a RESET has no effect?  (In other words, after a RESET, all of your original settings are still present, nothing actually gets reset back to defaults?)

Yes, I’ve done a reset and everything is the same. My nice desktop picture, screen saver settings, and the settings relating to My Media Library.

I’ve just tried deleting all the .wd_tv folders on my Buffalo LinkStation (*) and USB memory stick, unplugging the memory stick and the network cable and doing a factory reset and the button underneath and before plugging anything back in all the settings were still intact - obviously the Media Player could not access My Media Library. I plugged the network cable back in and the memory stick and did it again. The same as before. I still cannot add anything to My Favorites.

* I’ve deleted these folders before when the box became painfully slow: rotating arrow (zzz) and never had a problem. However, this time there was a share/access issue. It seems that some other device (the Media Player?) was the owner and made it difficult to delete the folder.

I bought a new one and everything worked fine, could not get my original to work.  It’s like the config on the device became read only or something.  It had nothing to do with my shares or network configuration.