MBWII Stuck on Firmware 01.01.08

I’m unable to update my software, using either the automatic or manual method.

Using the Automatic method, it says my firmware is up to date, and using the manual method after browsing to the .img file location, after 30 seconds or so it tells me ’ no file selected’ and the file location dissappears.

I’d be grateful for any help, as I’ve recently switched from a PC to a Mac and having this old firmware means I can’t use the drive.

Thanks in advance

Nick

If the drive is not having any problems I would desist on the idea of updating the drive

Without updating it it is unusable with my iMac, so that’s not really an option -

NickParks wrote:

Without updating it it is unusable with my iMac, so that’s not really an option -

• *Hi, that’s not entirely true, it only affects Lion and then only using AFP, unless you need apple time machine (which is **bleep** on theses drives IMO) you can use SMB, and your mac will work fine. As for the problem of updating, that does sound weired. What are you updating from and what version are you upgrading to? You can’t downgrade and as far as I know WD do not provide the latest updates via file images. Come back with answered and I’ll try to help.