MBW Editon - on Snow Leopard

So far, this thing hs been a month of frustrtion.  [deleted]  Simply - I want to use the BACKUP partition of the MBW with Time Machine.  After 2 weeks of password frustration, I am now sitting with a “hung” TM every time i try to enter the PW.  Apple says its a WD MBW issue and I’ll bet WD says the opposite.  Unless I can get an easy fix, this will be the last time I ever ever purchase a WD product.  TOTALLY NOT WORTH THE HASSLE 

Have you tried contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.  Speculating what they’ll say isn’t really helpful.  If you have any issues getting help, let me know.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

You have 1.02.04 version firmware on your NAS, am I right? If yes, then you can relax. It’s a firmware bug and WD support knows nothing about how to fix it. We can just sitting and waiting a new firmware release. Also we can pray about new firmware that contain less bugs than current one.

Yep, it’s **bleep**. 

Aeron wrote:

You have 1.02.04 version firmware on your NAS, am I right? If yes, then you can relax. It’s a firmware bug and WD support knows nothing about how to fix it. We can just sitting and waiting a new firmware release. Also we can pray about new firmware that contain less bugs than current one.

Yep, it’s **bleep**. 

Waiting for 1week? 1month? 1 year? Rather i buy another nas…