MBLD root access

Hi - got a MBLD 4TB expectig it to function like the MBWE I use, but so far as I can tell there is no way to:

1. gain root access and

2. Enable ssh

With nither of those things avaiable this MBLD is next to usless for my purposes. Am I missing something? Are those available on MBLD and I am just not seeign where to do it?

There are plenty of posts in this forum about how to do both.

Same as describe here :

http://wstd.lithium.com/t5/My-Book-Live/What-are-the-steps-to-enable-SSH/td-p/324417

Hi,

But none of them seems to apply to the WDMBLD. Nowhere can I find in the dashboard and reference to ssh, let alone root access. The only thing that comes close if the option to enable ftp.

PDominey:   If the referenced doc didn’t work, then you don’t have a MBLD.

I’ve done that procedure DOZENS of times, and it works as described.

… reference to ssh, let alone root access. 

If you SSH into a NAS, you ARE root, and thus have root access.

If that’s not what you’re talking about, then please explain what you’re trying to do.

Hi, Well the Model is: WDBVHT0040JCH and the WD box it came in says “My Book Live Duo Personal Cloide Storage”. Nowhere on the ‘Dashboard’ can I find any refernce to ssh. The dashboard is totally difernent to the dashboard on my MBWE. This one has down the left hand side in a column Settings, Users, Shares, Backup and Support. Under Settings =>Network  is the option to enable ftp. There is no option to enable NFS or anything like that. So maybe this is a new release of teh product.

Hi - just for grins I thought I would try a differen web browser and indeed the ssh web page then came up. So thanks a million I’m now able to get in there and do what I need to do.