MBL file to big for file system now lost folder ! help please

I did the reset using the button on the back, it rebooted but the problem still persists.

So now I only have ‘shared music’ other folders are gone but capacity of the drive is unchanged like they are still there.

Now I think I have made the problem even worse, the web interface was prompting to do an update so I let it, it downloaded the files then started upgrading, quickly got to 10% then hung for a very long time then it jumoed to 60%, but it got no further and eventually came up with an error message saying it had failed it then said please wait and then it just went and I can not access it at all, through the web interface or anything, the drive does not show up.

I have again tried the reset, but no different. The lights are still on the front and the activity light at the back near the ethernet. Seems like this drive has had it now? Are they repairable? Still unable to contact wd support through the web page.

Update:: I left it switched off overnight and powered on again today, now the drive boots back up again after the failed firmware update, web interface says update failed and I should try again (but not going to risk that again). So I am back to where I was, lost the shared videos and shared pictures folders, although the web interface still says ‘status:good’ & ‘Usage 1.9TB/2TB’ so the files are likely still there but can not access them.