I have looked all over the internet to figure out how to setup WD MBL Safepoint to an external drive mounted to a Raspberry Pi 4 1Gb running the latest Raspbian. Unfortunately, as many people I was getting the 36102 error while creating the safepoint. I found a way to make it work. I will not go through a formal walkthrough, but here is whats needed to make it work on a Raspberry Pi 4:
- Connect and format USB HDD to TFS within Raspbian using gparted.
- Create a directory in /home/pi/yourdirectorytomount using the -m 1777 argument
- Mount HDD on /home/pi/yourdirectory and Create a directory in /home/pi/yourdirectorytomount/yoursafepointdirectory using the -m 1777 argument
- Make sure it will permanently mount on reboot by editing /etc/fstab, https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=205379
- Install, run and configure SAMBA: https://magpi.raspberrypi.org/articles/samba-file-server
- Setup a share pointing towards the mounted HDD in step 3
- In MyBook Live interface, simply create safepoint ont the Pi share previously created.
Voilà… That is how it worked for me.