MBL 2TB Network goes away

Hi all,
First time poster on here, but I’ve had a problem with my MyBook Live 2TB. I’ve had it for many years now and it’s been pretty reliable up until just over 3 years ago.

The drive doesnt play over DLNA to my Samsung TV or other device and usually cuts out after a few minutes of watching a video.

Music files seem to play ok without any problems.

I am using Windows 10 and MacOS and transfering files is also a problem. Anything over a couple of Gigs will stop around half way or so and I wait a few mins and then click retry.

It’s got to the point where its really annoying me now and stopping me from getting any work done.

The device always shows the blue light on the front, but is always making a noise like its active or theres someone accessing the files when there is nobody and no device accessing the device.

When I am recording audio my microphone can pick up the hard drive noise, so I have going into the UI and shut it down sometimes for a couple of days at a time, but still on reboot the transfer rate or connection are only stable for a short time, as is the downloading of torrents.

I recently rebooted the device and I got the email that the drive has rebooted and the information is below:

Following events are generated on your MyBookLive DS9.

Event title:System restart

Event description:The system has restarted.

Severity:info

Event code:2001

Event time:01-08-2020 03:21:38 PM

Firmware version: 02.43.10-048

Event time:01-16-2020 01:03:57 PM

Event time:01-13-2020 08:03:25 AM

Event title:Firmware update successful

Event description:The firmware update was successful.

Event code:2004

Event time:01-18-2020 10:48:15 PM

Something I just noticed (because I dont usually read the email to the bottom) It says the firmware update was successful. Is it stuck in firmware update loop?

I would like to get this resolved asap or should I upgrade to MyCloud?
Would I get the same functionality as MyBook Live? I would need mobile uploads and access as a must have feature.

Thanks in advance

Hi catalepticstate,

You can contact WD’s Technical Support about this.

To Contact WD for Technical Support:

https://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en