Mapping my drives to a new computer

Thank you for your help and sorry if this has been covered before.

I just upgraded to a new computer. I have downloaded my WD app and can see my three drives under my computer’s network tab. However I am unable to map the drives. When I select the drive through the WD app and select map I ultimately get the following error;

The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occured:

You can’t access this shared folder because your organization’s security policies block unauthenticated guest access. These policies help protect your PC from unsafe or malicious devices on the network.

I’m totally clueless on what this means or what steps I need to take to be able to map these drives to this computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

All three drives are My Cloud drives 4TB in size.

The three shares are likely “public” shares.

Public shares have been disabled by the group policy that has been applied to your computer, and that policy prevents you from mounting the shares.

Just set a specific username and password on your mycloud shares, and see if that fixes your issue.

Thanks. I think that’s probably my issue. I am not sure exactly how to, or where to change that setting or add he username and password. Sorry, very new to this. :slight_smile: