Mapping a drive letter to My Cloud Public share

Aah okay, that’s right, you’re logged in as a different username and can’t mark it as asolution - only the original poster can. Thanks for the kudo.

Interestingly, this afternoon right around when you had login issues, I was having some login issues myself…despite using the password I used for weeks on this site. After I closed out the browser and reopened it, all was fine. Interestingly I had the same problem a few weeks ago when I first joined this site. I rememeber seeing last week or the week before that the main admin of this site (Bill_S) saying here that they’re looking into this - I think this isa recurring issue. It might’ve needed some kind of manual fix on the admins’ part and by the time I closed the browser and retired again, maybe it was fixed. This is that post from a month ago that I stumbled across recently →   http://community.wd.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/How-to-sign-in-when-you-get-quot-An-error-has-been-encountered/m-p/705058#M2039

In my case, I emailed the mods and I only heard back from them days later, asking me to clear cookies, etc. before logging back :confounded: By then, my login issue seemed to have resolved on its own.

BTW, I don’t know if you saw my note on the hosts file. I don’t think you need it…but maybe you have a specific reason.